Unemployment benefits for a belgian

Hello all. I want to ask if someone resigns from a CDI contract(with the reason to look for a new job related to his skills) or ends a CDI mutually with his employer, can he still ask for unemployment benefits while he is looking for a new/next job ?  Kindly share your experience on this. Thanks.

Anybody can provide useful help please?

@ABS25

Hello,

If the person resigns, I am not sure he/she will be eligible for unemployment benefits.

Try to contact the Office National de l'emploi for official info : https://www.onem.be/

Regards

Bhavna

No, if you leave your job for whatever reason then you can not get any benefits from the government. But if your job is terminated through no fault of you, then you may entitled to some financial help.

Thanks to both of you.

My experience, i ended my contract with an agreement with my employer, reason being i wanted to study.

RVA called me for an interview to explain and have proof of supporting documents 

After the interview, some months later they gave me a penalty of 6 weeks no benefits.

My experience, i ended my contract with an agreement with my employer, reason being i wanted to study.
RVA called me for an interview to explain and have proof of supporting documents 
After the interview, some months later they gave me a penalty of 6 weeks no benefits.

-@Jaci78

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. So you mean you were not able to get any benefits for some months+6 weeks? And then after that time period, they gave you benefits? Or you never got it?

@ABS25 when i left my job i had a 1.5 before i could start my opleiding so what i did in the meantime was some interim jobs.

Yes! They didnt pay after the 6 weeks i got full unemployment benefits till i finished my opleiding.

@ABS25 when i left my job i had a 1.5 before i could start my opleiding so what i did in the meantime was some interim jobs.
Yes! They didnt pay after the 6 weeks i got full unemployment benefits till i finished my opleiding.

-@Jaci78

Thank you. I get it.