Bringing my two dogs from the United States to Cape Verde Islands

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that you can help me. I am taking my two small dogs with me to Sal, Cape Verde (leaving from Boston, Ma). Right now, I am working with an accredited veterinarian for international travel to help prepare for our 4 month long trip. But my question for all of you is, how easy is it to travel from island to island with your pets? I don't see any information on this and was just wondering if I should at all attempt to take them both with me from one island to the next or just keep them on one island until we have to head home.

Hi Everyone,
I am hoping that you can help me. I am taking my two small dogs with me to Sal, Cape Verde (leaving from Boston, Ma). Right now, I am working with an accredited veterinarian for international travel to help prepare for our 4 month long trip. But my question for all of you is, how easy is it to travel from island to island with your pets? I don't see any information on this and was just wondering if I should at all attempt to take them both with me from one island to the next or just keep them on one island until we have to head home.
-@lindacosta418

Hello Linda,

It's not as easy as it should be to travel with your dogs from island to island. You'll have to visit the government vet at the Ministry of Agriculture or the Delegacia de Agricultura and obtain a certificate each time the dogs travel. So you'll need to plan at least a week in advance of each trip with the dogs.

Perhaps it may be more convenient to leave the dogs behind.

Regards,

Angelo