Menu
Expat.com

PEP application query

Last activity 26 April 2023 by surya2k

minal91

Hello Friends

I am current EP holder and my spouse and child are on DP .

I am going to apply for PEP considering the latest uncertain condition. I need help with respect to DP .

There is no provision in PEP form to submit DP application.

DO I need to submit DP application for my spouse and child separately ? If YES , When should I submit it ?

Query 1 :

Is it okay If I submit DP application later once I receive approval for my PEP ?

If my PEP is approved and I have been issued IPA letter , I will have 6 months window , Is it okay to apply for DP in that window ?

Query 2 :

My fixed salary is above 12K , However My November and December month salary came below 12K as I was on unpaid leave .

Will it impact my PEP application ?

Thank you in Advance

beppi
  1. Yes
  2. Uncertain - ask MoM!
minal91

@beppi  Thank you very much.

If there any email id provided by MOM for asking a query please ? 

beppi

Check MoM’s website - all contact details are there!

ajosshi

keep in mind that PEP is not renewable. Once it is expired, you will still need to apply for EP or SP in order to continue staying here.

SHAH10

From 1sep 2023, SGD 22500/Month is new requirement, If I applied PEP now and its approved before Sep 2023, Do I need to maintain SGD 22500/Month or I am eligible to maintain existing 12K/Month till my PEP expiration?

surya2k

Your application will be considered as per the existing threshold I.e 12,000. Once your PEP is approved then till it’s validity date it will not an issue.

Recently, I know one of my office colleague got PEP with salary around $15k. So, if you want to apply PEP then you may apply soon before new rules come into force. But before applying I would suggest go through its pros and cons (visit MoM site to get more details). Good luck

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Travelling to Singapore
    Travelling to Singapore

Tourism is an important pillar of Singapore's economy, and the country often portrays itself as an Asian ...

• Expat deaths in Singapore
    Expat deaths in Singapore

It's hard to face, but there comes a time when we must end our time on Earth. While we can't predict when ...

• Customs in Singapore
    Customs in Singapore

Singapore strictly enforces its customs policies. Whether you're traveling to the country for a short period ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

All of Singapore's guide articles