Getting a job

Hi Everyone!!
I wonder if anyone could help me. I am moving over to Malta and intend to find a job. Could you tell me if i need to have an ID card and work permit or because i am from an EU state (UK) i do not need anything apart from my passport?
Many thanx.

you will need an ID card and residency certificate, but not for the first three months or until you find a job, whichever comes first.

no need for a work permit for EU citizens as of this year

Hi,

I just get my ID card done yesterday and they only asked me for my passport. If you are EU citizens that is all you need. Except if you are married or devorced than you need some paper more.

Good luck
Andrea

I've been here over a year now and I have an ID card, I had a work permit (when they were needed) and SS number and all that jazz but I never got a residency certificate... Any idea who I'd chase that up with, the ID card office perhaps?

Thanks xx

Hi ,

you need to apply for the residency certificate. It is a separate procedure and is processed through the Citizenship and Expatriate department at Castille Square in Valletta.

Check this link for the details:

http://www.foreign.gov.mt/default.aspx?MDIS=552

Cheers
Ricky

a work permit is a type of residency certificate

Department for Citizenship and Expatriates Affairs,
3 Castille Place,
Valletta,
Malta.

tel. 22001814. - 22001815 - 22001816

residency certificate applications can only be submitted at Valletta. The application may be presented by another person (on your behalf) but when the relative document is issued, this has to be collected personally.
You can submit by post as well. When applications are sent by post, photocopies of the passports (page/s containing details) or Identity Cards, authenticated by a Police Officer should be submitted. Passports/ ID Cards have to be presented when registration certificate/residence card is to be collected.

Thank you everyone for your help!

i m turkish and i want to open a cafe or market there . where can ı get permission for that ?.

Oktaydemr,

Please can you start a new thread instead of adding your question to every single thread that you see.

Julian

+1 Julian

you are true scubaboy , thanks for advice

No Problem look forward to helping you out if i can

Julian