Need to extend my visa

Hello can you help me, my partner and and I applied for a visa together for one month but we just noticed that mine was only for one week. And mine ended today. Where can I go and try to fix this? We're in Ho Chi Minh City

Hello can you help me, my partner and and I applied for a visa together for one month but we just noticed that mine was only for one week. And mine ended today. Where can I go and try to fix this? We're in Ho Chi Minh City
-@paj1ney

Yikes! Stressful, and possibly costly oversight there. Sorry to hear of it.

Since the offices of VN immigration are now closed for the day, tomorrow morning (get there early) make your way over to

Vietnam Immigration Department, in D1, HCMC

I'd be happy to hear that they will work on getting an extension for you, but I have my doubts that they will, as by tomorrow you will be in an overstay position. Going by reports you may be directed to go to Tan Son Nhat Int'l airport to purchase your air ticket, pay your overstay fine, and then leave Vietnam (via air). I hope I'm wrong. I base this on the experience of a friend of mine who "overstayed", technically. (Link to older thread)

I'm not sure whether an agent can help you at this stage. It would be worth a try.

Please report back to the forum your experience with the whole process. It would be very much appreciated.

@Aidan in HCMC  thank you for the information but yes we're headed there tomorrow morning.

hello, what type of visa you have? business, tourist?... where did you get your visa-label in your pasport? at the airport when arrived?.... I ask because something similar happened to me before: my visa-approval (or Visa-on-arrival) was approved for 3 months between date1 to date2,  but due some delays in my flight itinerary I arrived on the date1+15, so the visa in my passport was for only 75 days instead of 90 1f62a.svg

The point is: check the dates detailed in your approval letter,  maybe that is the reason why you have received less days than you expected.  If that is your case then nothing to claim

Too late for the OP, but a couple of suggestions for the casual reader:

Normally a good, trustworthy visa agent can deal with such issues if an immediate fix is required.

(This is where Colin would suggest contacting "Jane" in HCMC)

However I'm also wondering if we are talking about two Evisas OR one or more VOAs?

If the girlfriend was eligible for an Evisa but the OP wasn't, that could account for the difference in length.

Also has me wondering if the two entered Việt Nam together or separately?

Further, did they know each other before entering the country or is this a new relationship that's developed between people who where strangers when arriving?

Believe me, I am asking such questions based on real life scenarios that I have witnessed in this country.

Try this guy may be able to help

he managed to sort out my visa and TRC - mention Andy M referred you

Good luck !!

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please share names and contacts in inbox. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct