Planning to live in Sveti Vlas

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Bulgaria next year, need to prepare myself for pension, have property in Sveti Vlas already.

I am a widow, single person now unfortunately. Would like to find there nice friends and company for happy time in a new country.

Would be nice to get any advice what is necessary for long stay visa and medicine  there .

The best wishes

Hi, Verunchik and welcome!

As a non-EU citizen, you'll need to get a D visa as the first step to residency, which should be relatively easy if you can show proof of a retirement pension income and have a property there already. There's no set age requirement for the retirement visa, purely being able to prove that you're getting a retirement pension that's more than the Bulgarian minimum wage. The other necessary thing is medical insurance, and there are medical insurance policies for foreigners available at a small cost. Also possibly a Bulgarian bank account, which can be trickier to obtain as a non-resident!

You need to apply from your country of residence, so the best first step would be to contact the Bulgarian Embassy there and ask for information about getting a retirement D visa. The process would be to fill in the form, provide translated and notarised copies of all the information they need, and then an interview at the Embassy is required. The whole process may require a few months.

Getting the D visa is something that gets discussed here a LOT! So a forum search on D visa will bring up plenty of information about members' experiences. I am still waiting to get my pension to apply, so have that joy ahead of me! I hope the process is smooth and easy with yours!