Thinking of moving to Canada

Hello,

My husband and I are currently looking into moving to Montréal Canada.

He currently works in medical and I manage a private estate.

Due to the nature of his job, his application has been accepted and I can piggy back on his visa because of marital status.

However I have several concerns. After watching the news, reading articles, and social media. It does not seem to be the the same country as it was 12 months ago when we visited.

We currently live in France, and yes, we too have seen/felt dramatic changes in finance's due to cost of living increases.

I know not to belive all the newspapers print and the news corporations can make things seem worse than thet are for viewers.

Are things as bad as being reported?

It's a big jump and I'm in two minds, I think I am looking for reassurance and the truth.

I look forward to and advise or suggestions.

Many thanks

James

Hello James White81,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Since you mentioned Montreal I have moved your thread to the Montreal forum.

Could you please share more details about what aspects are causing you worry or fear? It would be helpful if you could elaborate on what is bothering you.

Also, if you have any specific questions about the process or things you would like to know, feel free to ask.

The members of this forum are here to provide information and support, so the more details you can provide, the better we can assist you.

Perhaps after reading the Living in Montreal guide for expats, you will probably have some topics that you would like to discuss.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@James White81 I have read your article and it made me to response to your request because what you have written is absolutely true.  It's better to stay where you are if you are currently employed or own something where you are living.  Once you move to a different place you will need to consider spending from renting a place, car, insurance (for a car and a apartment), {Living expenses}.  Plus you will need food...etc.  So Canada isn't the place it used to be.  That's why Ontario driver plate used to say Yours to Discover - but now they changed it to Open for Business.