Menu
Expat.com

Lawyer short notice

Last activity 15 April 2024 by Suzi Masterson

sryan4824

Hi All

I have been let down last minute by my lawyer I have a property I will be buying next Tue 190923 but urgently need a lawyer for the VT area any help would be appreciated.

Must be English speaking too

Harry1044

Following I need one also

josef1070

@sryan4824

Ivelin Gospondinov

this is the lawyer I used, he lives in Varna but still worked for me in VT area

regards

Josef

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Cheryl

Hello josef1070,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that contact details should not be posted on the forum

You can either share the professional's details via a private message or register the company for free in the Bulgaria business directory.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

sryan4824

@Cheryl

I don't understand why we cannot share information on this site what's the point of we can't help each other 🤔

SimCityAT

@Cheryl
I don't understand why we cannot share information on this site what's the point of we can't help each other 🤔

-@sryan4824

It is regarded as advertising which goes against the forum rules (the ones you agreed on when you joined Expat.com). They also have to be verified to prove the company or person isn't a scam.

gwynj

@sryan4824

Bulgaria property transfers are done by a notary, and lawyers are entirely optional (and a significant extra cost). If you've got a specific date, that's probably the date of the notary appointment for the signing of the Notary Act. Therefore, you don't strictly need a lawyer, you need a certified interpreter/translator to go with you (and cash in your pocket to pay the seller and the notary). If you want a lawyer to do some due diligence, or incorporate a company (e.g. if you're buying a house), or go to the notary on your behalf (with a POA), that's a different story, but you might need them to reschedule the signing.

I have an excellent attorney in Plovdiv who has helped me with a number of issues (including immigration, property purchase, vehicle registration, etc.). Most attorneys have gofers who can run over to any notary anywhere in the country, so you don't strictly need one next door to your notary (but it's an extra cost, as you'd expect). Happy to share his info if you send me a private message.

Good luck!

michelesussexyoga

I have details of an interpreter/translator in VT if you need one.

JimJ

I have details of an interpreter/translator in VT if you need one.

-@michelesussexyoga

The OP needed someone for an imminent deal last September... 1f609.svg

Suzi Masterson

@sryan4824
Ivelin Gospondinov
this is the lawyer I used, he lives in Varna but still worked for me in VT area
regards
Josef

-@josef1070

o used ivelin as well. cant failt anything tbh.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

All of Bulgaria's guide articles