Furniture - Punta Cana Area

Hi Everyone - I am new to this forum. My wife and I are buying a condo in Cap Cana 2 BR plus den and about 1400 sq feet 2.5 bathrooms. The project is l called Las Palmiera (Actually I think it is in Ciudad Las Canas). We are looking for furniture stores and prefer nicer and higher end stores. Any suggestions? Waht is the process like to buy furniture? Is it a long lead time? We haven't closed on the project yet as it seems to be dragging on forever. The original close was in May so hopefully any month now. We are visiting Punta Cana next week to visit the property but would also like to visit some furniture stores. We would also be open to an interior designer but I recognize they are usually expensive. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums!  You will find the best options for furniture in Santo Domingo. We have several higher end stores. My favorite is Illumel  and Illumel Outlet.  Lots of  choices and they will arrange delivery to Punta Cana.

Thank you for your response. I am planning to rent a car so I will make the trip to Illlumel and the outlet. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Hello, I liked the store "Arbaje Soni Decor" in Santo Domingo, as well as Illumel. Higher end furniture, some US brands. Owner is Eduardo Soni. Nice people too

I was able to visit Ilumel and they have everything we need. Thank you for the recommendation. We finally close on the condo on December 15th (assuming all goes well). We can't seem to get information on internet and electricity services

There is an Ilumel in Punta Cana that is right down the street from you in Cap Cana. It is good sized ( not as big as Santo Domingo) but they can also have furniture shipped in from the SD store. Still a very large selection with the outlet on the second floor.