Aussie guy relocating 2024

Hi I'm 54 yo frequent visitor to the Philippines and intending to relocate permanently in 2024

Hi I'm 54 yo frequent visitor to the Philippines and intending to relocate permanently in 2024

-@Brojeslov

Welcome to the forum Bro, enjoy.

Cheers, Steve.

Great, I am living in Boracay in a condo for 7 years. Do you have questions?

@Brojeslov

Excellent! Welcome to paradise! Just make sure you are financially stable, there is no work here for expats unless previously arranged. If you make money on the net then come on down! Just leave those damned ties and suit coats down under! LOL

Need a condo in Makati?

let me know

@dragmit (Tim) How is your patented hypothermia device business working out?

@BrojeslovExcellent! Welcome to paradise! Just make sure you are financially stable, there is no work here for expats unless previously arranged. If you make money on the net then come on down! Just leave those damned ties and suit coats down under! LOL        -@dragmit

I just learned that Australians have joined the USA and adopted a policy to tax Foreign earnings. Not sure if you can open a YouTube channel or teach English online tax free anymore. At least Americans have a 100k limit before foreign income taxes apply but nothing like that mentioned in the Australia policy. It still may be in the process of being defined.

Welcome Brojeslov

What area are you looking at ?  List of preferences would help members assist you, condo or house ? need for medical treatment ? hobbies/sports etc.  I am ex-Oz, been here 5 years, Mactan based.

regards  Bruce

Thanks for your kind welcomes and comments. I am 54yo in good health. I drink too much beer but not so much that it overly concerns me. I don't gamble and I don't chase women too much.

I'm comfortably well-off financially and, barring stupid decisions, should be so for the rest of my life - a combination of savings and CPI-indexed pension, all in Australian dollars. I've researched cost of living and prepared a budget.

At this stage, I'm looking at locations on Cebu Island for my first 12 months but longer term I could stay there or end up anywhere. I prefer urban living incl proximity to malls but don't need to be in metro Manila or Cebu City. I am prepared to sacrifice some conveniences for lower cost of living but I want to be able to enjoy good quality accommodation, restaurants and hopefully have a bar or two to call my local.

At this stage, I'm single but have a nice lady lined up to give a relationship a go. The age gap concerns me but doesn't appear to worry her. She's a student at university with 18 months to graduation so we are well positioned to take things slowly.

Thanks for your interest.

@Andy_1963 hello andy i m french and like you live since 7 years in boracay ,would like to ask you some question.do you habe a mail. I came last year in philippine for one month to check if it was possible to supply real french butter croissant here in dumaguete. I came since october this year , started with tourist visa to supply individual people here.it work. But need to understand with visa .i came with one month free visa,,then extend for 1 more month,then ask for 2 more month and will get my acr card in january..i will go back to france in february..how do you think i can manage my return here in august 2024. With my acr card..because would like to open french bakery in sipalay

Thanks for your advice

I'm comfortably well-off financially and, barring stupid decisions, should be so for the rest of my life a budget.

. The age gap concerns me but doesn't appear to worry her.     

-@Brojeslov

The age gap could be your stupid decision.

Brojeslov said. . . ..I'm comfortably well-off financially and, barring stupid decisions, should be so for the rest of my life a budget.. The age gap concerns me but doesn't appear to worry her.   

I don't think your college girlfriend is concerned about the age of her ATM.

@frenschfred
Hallo!
How can i find out the owners adress of an banc account if I have only the name of the owner and  the Banc aount number but NO ADRESS?
Regards Anis

-@beic

Do they not have Bank Codes there? I can type in my bank sort code here in the UK and it will give me the branch and address.

@xavierasia Hi, my email address is apoltin01@gmail.com and you are welcome to contact me.

Your return as a tourist should not be a problem. There is no limit like in other countries where you can stay for a certain time in the year. If you want to make business here you need to do it in the name of your wife or partner. As a tourist you are not allowed to work in the Philippines (like in most countries).

@beic Hi, to send money from a foreign bank to a bank account in the Philippines you just need the name of the owner, his bank account number and the SWIFT code of the bank in the Philippines. For example the SWIFT Code of BDO is BNORBHMM

BDO might charge 1000 PHP or more for the transfer to the receiver. So most people use a remittance service provider.

@Brojeslov Hi, a few things you need to know before you come here:

- A foreigner cannot buy any lot in the Philippines

- However, a foreigner can buy a condo here. If the Philippines are your final destination it might make sense to buy one. In Boracay you can buy a condo with Seaview and Golf Course view for 8M and up.

- Filipinas (like Thai girls) don't care about your age. (My wife is 23 years younger than me). Age is considered as a matter of experience

- Filipinas care about: Family, Money and A better life

- A Western foreigner is considered a big catch

- So if you get a young Filipina she will tell you that she has 3 sisters and 4 brothers and they all need support. You as a rich (does not matter you are rich or not) foreigner are expected to support her family. If she is older she might be a single mom and need support for her kid(s). If you can accept that some of your money goes to her family, you will have a great time with your filipina girl.

- Most likely she wants to travel abroad or wants to move to Australia. (I could convince my wife to stay in Boracay but most girls are dreaming of a life abroad)

- Depending on your life style expect costs of 100K PHP per month

@Andy_1963

WISE could be a good app to transfer  money

at least much cheaper than most banks

@Enzyte Bob

Hahaha but what about true love?

@Brojeslov

.I'm comfortably well-off financially and, barring stupid decisions..

"Hahaha but what about true love?"

True Love is telling a Filipina that you are skint and all you have to live on is your state pension. Set the timer..

My guess is you have already made your first 'stupid decision' by not telling her this.

@beic

The topic is about "Aussie guy relocating 2024"

Perhaps start a new thread related to your off topic question?

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@GoDees Hi there, Im visiting CEBU for the 3rd time in Jan for 6 weeks. Can you recommend a cheap but hygienic dentist in CEBU?

Also, do you know any expats that are golf nuts, as i want to bring my bag/sticks and have a swing

Bryan

@AussieLUVPhillipines

Hello Bryan

I am not into golf but believe there is a course here on Mactan. I know of one dentist that seems to have a good following among the ex-pat comunity, Jose Naravio though I have not needed his services. Message me for more details.

regards  Bruce

@GoDees Hi there, Im visiting CEBU for the 3rd time in Jan for 6 weeks. Can you recommend a cheap but hygienic dentist in CEBU?
Also, do you know any expats that are golf nuts, as i want to bring my bag/sticks and have a swing
Bryan

-@AussieLUVPhillipines

There are enough golf courses in and around Cebu for you to play but not sure if membership is required or you can just pay and play. If you are going to become a member of one, probably best to try a few others out first to see which one appeals more.

I saw a You Tube video a week or so ago from some guy in Cebu who was chatting to a dentist. Prices seamed reasonable, all modern equipment and situated in one of the Mall's I think. The dentist was explaining all and she had worked abroad. I think the guy that did the vid was a German by the name of Gertz.

@frenschfred

Hello Fred, I'm interested in a one-bedroom condo close to BGC.

Thanks,

David

@LtDave

Hello David,

Feel free to create an advert in the Housing in the Philippines section of the website. You might receive some offers.

All the best

Bhavna