Crafting in Belgium

Hello everyone,

Discovering and participating in the artisan culture  in Belgium  is an opportunity not only to enrich your personal knowledge, but also to forge authentic connections with the locals. More than just a hobby, it is a gateway to integration and a deep understanding of the traditions that shape the cultural identity of Belgium, making your own experience more meaningful.

What opportunities are available for residents to participate in workshops or training in Belgium? Are there any places or occasions to learn or practice local crafts?

What craft practice have you had the opportunity to try or would you like to try? What were your impressions?

How has discovering and participating in the local artisan traditions enriched your experience as an expat?

What challenges have you faced in trying to get involved in the artisanal culture of your host country? How have local artisans welcomed your interest in their traditional crafts?

What advice would you give to expats who want to explore craft culture in Belgium ?

If you have any other relevant information on the local artisan culture, please feel free to share it.

Thank you for your contribution.

The Expat.com Team

Hello all,

im a septanarian , living in leuven last 4 1 years, retired as a Design Manager , working for a Belgian Mfg Company,

planned my Artisian career, already 14 years ago, wanting to be continuosly active after full retirement, The first steps was a long search for an Art teacher, which was a long process, after 18 m of search found a teacher giving Aquarell lessons at SENIORAMA, did with him 18 m and got to paint good aquarells, then moved on to SLAC academy, did 8 years of rigorous training as a Schilder Kunstenaar , graduated as a Master Painter , now last 5/6 years painting on my own , have a fair collection of paintings,

To keep it short , a very succesful Artisian now, and in two places invited to hold my exhibitions soon

will share other places detail s, you can google look up RajLeuven for more, do connect with me for details