Time between receiving a VLS-TS and going to France

I have a general question about the VLS-TS VISA. 

Scenario:

Step 1: I apply for a VLS-TS and get approved.

Step 2: Travel to my address in France

Step 3: Within three months register my VLS-TS in France

Is there a maximum time period between Step 1 and Step 2?

What if I received the VLS-TS and I got sick, or COVID restrictions return, etc.?

I understand the VLS-TS is only good for 1 year but life is unpredictable as COVID has taught us.

@France7890

Time is dependent on how carefully you collect all the pieces. Start by going to the French website. You will not know where to go or call until later.   

https://washington.consulfrance.org/app … d-states#:

I go through the app step by step until the last step, $pay, and stop without paying. You have made many picks that did not fit what you wanted. Go back to the start and take another line. And keep doing that until you find the way that looks right. Read everything wholly and closely. Read every page thoroughly. Not being able to come up with the document will stop you. When you ask for a VLS, you are requesting to become a citizen of France. You are immigrating! And it is not easy. It is not a vacation.

U.S. citizens with valid passports traveling for tourism or business can enter France without a visa for a period of 90 days within each six months.

What is the Schengen 90/180 rule? Under the terms of Schengen, non-EEA nationals cannot spend more than a total of 90 days within a total period of 180 days without a visa. Furthermore, once you've used up your quota of 90 days, you cannot return to Schengen until 90 more days have passed. If you break this rule you can be excluded for ever.