Marriage Certificate Legalisation

Salaam

Can you tell me what happens after adoul marries us and gives us our marriage certificate. Does it need to be legalised or something? And where? UK or Morocco?

@Yasmin21 Hi your Marriage will be automatically  recognized within the UK. you obviously would need to get your marriage contract translated If applying for the spouse visa, whilst you get your marriage certificate translated you can get it apositled too, (ive just applied for my translation in the UK cost £48)  Thats just for the standard translation and certified stamp as geniune! to get it apostiled costs a little more) or get that part done at a later date. your marriage certificate is stamped ands signed by the court in morocco and certified as genuine.

@bevlumley41 fantastic. Thank you so much. And to clarify my marriage certificate is stamped and signed by the court in morocco and certified as genuine as a standard automatic procedure?

@Yasmin21 Hi hun before the abdul gave you your marriage contract, it goes back to the court in morocco first to be stamped snd signed by a high judge, then is given to you for collection, you should see on your contact top left. your Marriage is automatically   registered in the UK as you married via the courts, so you dont need to do anything in the UK, other than translate your marriage contract for Immigration /visa or passport change of details etc  x

@Yasmin21 its a genuine Marriage contract hun as you followed the Marriage procedure that is required by Moroccan law. Your Marriage contract will just need the English translation, as the UK wont accept the Arabic version contract. Once that part is done, and whoever translates your contract can also apostle if you need that too. other than that you are legally Married Congratulations ☺️ x

@bevlumley41 thank you so much. All the very best to you and congratulations xx

It need to be apostilled to be enforceable outside of Morocco.