2 Married 55+ Planning to Move to the DR in late 2026

Hello, From Woodbridge, VA (DMV).. East Coast. I(Wifey) have a number of questions. However I will Read the Forum to get most of the answers. I am 100% sure that I will not be cooking or cleaning 90% of our new life in the DR. So, I would love good reviews and recommendations on hiring a full-time housekeeper and an occasional chef.

We are looking to buy a villa or condo in the Bavaro/Punta Cana Region.

Thank You....       

Welcome to the forums! I too hate cooking and cleaning. Once you have a place and a move date then it's time to ask for recommendations!

one thing we noticed on some condos is a live-in housekeeping bedroom. it is very tiny. enough space for a bed and maybe a dresser. not all the units we saw had that feature, but would be something to look for with a full time housekeeper.

Yes those are for a live in housekeeper. Imagine having that tiny space as your bedroom? 

This used to be common and isn't anymore. Most are unwilling to live onsite. Again it always depends on circumstances.

That small bedroom (with shower and toilet corner) is still part of many new builds but I guess it is mostly used as a storage room. I will convert ours to a small workshop so I can make a mess without bothering mamita1f60b.svg

Mine is a small office. It's maybe 8x10 with its own bathroom.

Depend what you can ofer I have someone for you maybe