Gabieli question

Hello,

I am trying to understand how this works when I buy things from Amazon.

I changed my address to the Germany Gabieli address with my ID number.

What is the next step? Will they automatically send me my packages to Bulgaria?

The instructions are not very good.

Thx

First of all, Amazon Germany offer free delivery to your address in Bulgaria for most orders over 49 euros.

To use Gabieli, or the similar companies, you have goods delivered to the Gabieli address in the relevant country; it's important to ensure that your Gabieli client number appears on the package.  On receipt at their office in Germany, you'll get an email confirming that it's arrived and an indication of which delivery run it will be on.  It will arrive in Bulgaria at the Gabieli office you've selected, and you can either collect it from there or arrange for a courier to bring it to your address - make sure that the courier has your phone number but don't expect him to speak English - he may speak a bit, but there's no guarantee...

Easy answer, don't buy anything from a company owned by a very very rich man who doesn't like the idea of his workers joining a trade union. Problem solved

@Kath948381

I like Amazon , sorry. Sometimes things are overpriced, sometimes they are a deal.

Very convenient, super speedy delivery. Amazon should take over the US post office which has

become too expensive and inefficient. The store business practices do not concern me.

From a consumer point of view- it is a good business. I hope Amazon expands more in Eastern

Europe.

The free delivery to BG is a fairly new thing with Amazon Germany - my experience so far has been pretty unimpressive. My order left Amazon on the 21st of June (deliveries for BG go via Romania). 2 days later it was in Romania and 2 days after that with Ekont in Sofia - it was eventually delivered to me yesterday......pathetic! 1f4a9.svg

@JimJ

In the US Amazon deliveries are super fast. I have received orders as fast as 2 hours.

Apparently they have to work on their deliveries in Europe. It appears that using Gabieli is a better option at this point.

I don't think that this was a typical example of Amazon deliverues to Bg - I'll update the thread after my next one arrives (or doesn't). I should add that in our area the service from Ekont is almost always abysmal - Speedy is much better.. I'm not sure who owns Speedy but IIRC, Ekont is iwned by a shady "businessman"

Ggbg is also a good option, I prefer to use them as you don't have to register your package with them when you order, they deliver direct to Econt offcies, ( Gabieli to Speedy) which works well for us as we live within walking distance to either.

My one experience of Amazon.de direct delivery wasn't good, it took several weeks then went directly to the post office which was a bit of a pain, I wouldn't do it again.

@PlovdivEd

You don't have to register packages with Gabieli either, as long as the package has your customer number on it tey can tie it to your account.  I use both Gabieli and GGBG - in Sofia their offices are only a few minutes apart.  Where Gabieli win out, in my view, is that they have a section on their site with photos of all packages which they've received sans name or account number, so it's easy to see if something you're expecting has turned up anonymously; Gabieli also accept payment by card above a certain fairly small amount.

I'm sorry for you as well Tonyff too much stuff isn't good for you or the planet 😭

@Kath948381

It is good that in this forum people have different opinions...