Visiting KL in December for 4 days

Hello All,

I will be visiting KL from December 8th to December 12th. With all the great knowledge all the expat members have regarding KL, can anyone suggest where in the KLCC area I should be looking for hotels that would be most convenient to see places by Public transportation? I like to best use my time to see as many places in KL and possibly in Penang. This is a 'fact finding mission' for me as I am deeply interested to move to Malaysia  within next 10 years, if not earlier. I know a lot of you are very active members here. Any kind of suggestion to best use of my 4 days would be appreciated. Thank you all and forum organizers.

there are hotels available next to KLCC such as Nikko, mandarion, d'oriental and many more.

just google it in google maps and you can see all the available hotels.

Thank you Muhiameen. I am using Agoda.com and I was able to locate few hotels near KL Sentral and KLCC.

no problem man. KL central would be the best place to stay as it is the interchange of train transportation. moreover there are lots of restaurants and local foods available in KL central.
opposite of Kl central is Brickfields where you can find some budget hotels and lots of indian foods. Enjoy your stay in KL! =)

Hi Muhaimeen,

Thank you.. I found booked a hotel near Masjid Jamek RapidKl. Is that a good area? Are there any safety issue anywhere in KL? I mean to say is there any place that I should be avoiding? Also looks like you have spent a some time in UK. I graduated from UK (Queen Mary; U of London) and now live in USA. Thank you in advance.

hi there! glad you found a place. if u are staying near masjid jamek, its best if you don't hang out there too late coz its a desserted area. its best if you can walk around there with friends. yup, spent my time in Notthingham for a couple of years and went to school over there. I missed my friends a lot... by the way, ive got some free time to waste. y not just message me and we can eat and drink at some local restaurants.=)

Try Dragon Inn Hotel. It is in the heart of KLCC, adjacent to China town. That was where I lodged when newly I came to Malaysia. Booking there is highly affordable, ranging from 68 Malaysian Ringgit a night, weekdays to 78 MR between Friday and Saturday. Its services are impressive.

Hey, It depends what your budget is.  Mandarin is great as it is right next door to KLCC and walking distance to everything.  Chorus hotel is about 800m down the road and a cheaper option.  As an expat I wouldn't stay around KL sentral, but rather in the Golden Triangle.  Bukit Bintang is another option that's very close to the city centre. You can find higher end hotels such as the Marriott and the Westin on Jalan Bukit Bintang or cheaper hotels, bed and breakfasts and hostels in Changkat Bukit Bintang.
One of the best things in Malaysia is the food.  Check out this local blog to find the best places to eat:  http://theyumlist.blogspot.com