Menu
Expat.com

Sponser demanding money

Last activity 19 January 2013 by giasi

rashmisushma

Hi
I have been working in a beauty salon in sharjah. I worked there for five months and was having some problems with my boss. In this situation my mom fell ill and I had to go to India and later decided not return to the UAE for the time being. I called my sponser and informed her that I want to cancel my visa and labour card(I never got to see it when it was issued). She informed me that she will do it. I have a new job offer in sharjah and I cannot process my visa since the old visa was not cancelled. I called my old sponser and explained the situation and asked her to cancel my visa. She said that I will have to pay for it and she is demanding ten thousand dirhams. I cannot pay that amount and she is blackmailing me saying that I should transfer the amount first thru western union and then she will cancel it. Since I am not living in the uae I cannot go to the labour ministry to lodge a complaint. I tried the embassay in delhi but they say they cannot help me. What should I do? Has anybody faced this situation.

RS

Harmonie

Hi rashmisushma and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Sharjah forum for better visibility.

Hope that everything will soon be alright for you.

Good luck,
Harmonie.smile.png

srinirajan

You can explain this details to ur new employer. They may be able to persuade ur old boss.

zulfikarali

Hi rashmisushma,

How many years you are in india?
if you are out from uae for six months then your visa will be automatically cancelled

giasi

Why do people revive a thread that is obviously dead and buried.  I dont think that posting a response to a question asked 1 YEAR AGO is of any use to the original poster.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Sharjah

All of Sharjah's guide articles