Menu
Expat.com

Which line to stand in-how does it work?

Last activity 02 March 2012 by ladyliberty

RoxyLee

Hi

I have a South African passport and my two year old daughter has a British passport -so when we leave Britai to go to SA next month- which line do I stand in at the airport-British or foreign? Do I have to go in both?

ladyliberty

Since you are the only they will need to answer any questions, you'll need to go thru the line that applies to YOUR passport.

Articles to help you in your expat project in England

• Getting married in the United Kingdom
    Getting married in the United Kingdom

Meeting that special person to tie the knot and spend the rest of your life with is such a huge milestone. Many ...

• Traveling to the United Kingdom
    Traveling to the United Kingdom

The United Kingdom is one of the countries that have attracted the largest number of tourists and expats over ...

• Work in Brighton
    Work in Brighton

With over 275,000 people, Brighton is a popular destination among expats from all walks of life. Once you visit ...

• Things to bring when moving to the United Kingdom
    Things to bring when moving to the United Kingdom

Are you concerned about what you should bring during your relocation to the UK? Many expats don't give this a ...

• Accommodation in London
    Accommodation in London

With a surface area of 1,572km² and thirty districts to choose from, London has thousands of homes available ...

• Dating in the UK
    Dating in the UK

Dating in England is a blend of tradition and modernity, where meeting people in social settings and contemporary ...

• Top things to do in London
    Top things to do in London

No matter what your definition of fun is – get ready to feel active, inspired, and creative in London. ...

• How to meet people in the UK
    How to meet people in the UK

Meeting new people in the UK as a newly arrived expat is easy. However, if this is your first experience living ...

All of England's guide articles