ID Card address

Hi,

Would it be possible to get an ID card using a hotels address ?

Im planning on staying in a hotel for a month or two until an apartment I like is available.

Thanks.

I don't see any reason why not ! If that is your residency for one or two months !

Don't forget that the ID card rules will probably change soon ! When are you coming to Malta? If you are lucky they might still issue you an ID card .

Cheers
Ricky

In what way are they changing Ricky as we are coming in July

from 28.6 they are no longer issuing ID cards to foreigners (and they may well not be issuing them from now given how close that is) - either way, you won't get one. You will need to apply for a residency certificate as before, but one which will be used instead of an ID card

Question in case you know.. I am a resident and my id expires in Sept.
My residency extension is already in process... do I really need a "Certificate"?

ID was widely used in Malta by Maltese Residents so I don't know what will happen now. cheers.

Hi Alf,

although I don't know your residency details as a 'third-country national' you will be getting the residency certificate /card when your extension is granted.

And the certificate replaces the ID card which was quite widely 'misused' by EU foreigners without 'official' residency. It does not really affect you as Peruvian.

But the exact details have not been revealed yet.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for the info

Can we open up a thread and Make it a Sticky for the ID card topic ?? as I think this is going to be a very big change of rules in Malta. ??

Julian

Hi Julian,

we have already opened a new thread :

New I.D. card rules

If everybody posts related questions there we should be well prepared for any new info that will come along.

Cheers
Ricky