Cat litter

This is probably sound like a stupid question, but I was wondering if someone could recommend a decent brand of cat litter? I bought one brand which isn't too bad, however, it is rather pungent, not sure if it's my cat and his new food or the cat litter. I used to used Fresh Step odorless brand in the States and it worked very well and I don't think they carry it over here. Anyone know of a similar brand or just one that is pretty good here as I am not in the mood to go experimenting with different cat litters?

I strongly suggest  Everclean extra strength unscented! Its the best cat litter ive used, although its quite difficult to find but u can buy online and have it in 2 days in ur doorstep!

ganda has a good recommendation with Everclean extra strength unscented. It's the best I've found so far. They have it in the pet store in Kanyon and Akmerkez (if you're on the european side).

I also usually toss in some of the silica gel cat litter to help dry things faster.

Anyways, good luck to you and your kitty.

Thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely try that brand. Do you guys happen to know if Temptations cat treats are sold here? My cat loves this brand and I haven't seen it in any of the pet stores I've been to. Thanks!

Hi Analaks,

Unfortunately they don't sell most Temptations cat treats here.  I usually bring them from Ohio!

The only type of Temptations available here are Whiskas Temptations Chicken & Cheese.  They're sold near the canned cat food at the grocery store.  The Chicken & Cheese flavor can be a bit difficult to find, so you're best off looking at a large Migros or Carrefour (or maybe Macrocenter). 

There is another Whiskas flavor (shaped like small chewy steaks), but they get hard quickly and our cats don't like them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion! Just ran out of Temptations, which is like crack to my cat, maybe I'll try the Chicken and Cheese one, although that kinda sounds like a weird combo to give to a cat haha

Some of the pet stores here sell vitamin supplements for cats, it comes as a powder that you can sprinkle over food. Since treats are hard to come by, I usually take some of my table scraps and sprinkle the vitamins over them. That way my cats get their treat and some nutrition. The supplements aren't expensive at all, and in the end it's probably cheaper and healthier than the stuff from Whiskas

Like the guys listed above, Everclean in great. I get the unscented, less track, clumping litter, since my cat seems to drag litter all over my apartment. It does what it says and my cat doesn't feel the need to spill the litter everywhere! The last two times I bought it, I paid 23 lira on a site called MamaSepeti.com. I guess you can try the pet stores, but as I usually travel by train or bus so it's easier to buy it online. They also drop it off at your door (only bad part is that you have to be there to get it or they will leave, don't know if I can specify something else, can't speak Turkish yet!) One box is usually good for one use, I find, and that lasts about a month, so 23 lira is not so bad. Not sure if that's cheap or expensive for you, but it's pretty good stuff:)

I use one box, with is 6kg I believe, for about 3 weeks to a month. I change my cat litter pretty frequently so it's never smelly or dirty, I'm on my second box, which I just changed, and I bought the last one about a month ago. I"m sure there are cheaper ones in the the store, but Everclean works well for me, so I'll stick with it.