Menu
Expat.com

Foreigners in Vietnam

Last activity 15 July 2016 by vancris

luongtuyen

Do you guys know where most of foreigners, who live and work long-term in Vietnam ?

Tks.

wow_silver

I think: district 1. Pham Ngu Lao street, 23/9 park

truc_nguyen

I think they mostly live in Dist 1, DIst 2 - Thảo Điền or An Phú and Dist 7 - Phú Mỹ Hưng!

cheeha
wow_silver wrote:

Correct, we all live in the park.

Jaitch
cheeha wrote:

Correct, we all live in the park.

That's why VN Immigration Police go around in their Chinese Jeep checking all the parks for non-Vietnamese sleeping there.

Many are 'boat' jumpers, as well as a few overstays.

luongtuyen

Are most foreigners live Pham Ngu Lao street, 23/9 park tourists ( like back packer ^^ ) or office workers ? Thank those of you who spend time answering my question very much smile.png.

catsophat

There are 3 main groups of foreigners here:

Tourists stay in a hotel, guest house or somewhere (not the park!)then leave. There are many kinds of tourists, not just back packers but they are the most likely to stay on that street.

Expatriates "expats" live here, usually to work but some are retired.

Many people come from Europe, America, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa to teach English.  Their experiences and qualifications vary tremendously. 

Companies send their higher level people here to run factories or start projects and get international experience.

These groups rarely mix but are concentrated in Dists. 1,2 and PMH not just because these areas have many conveniences but other areas may be restricted.

Jaitch
catsophat wrote:

There are 3 main groups of foreigners here.

There are a fourth group, Foreigners actually sleeping IN the parks, as on benches. Homeless.

They are usually people who jumped ship, overstayed their welcome and can't afford the fine. Many are from Africa and (Northwestern) Asia.

Because of the searches some are now 'camping' further afield in Q2, Q3 and Q5.

Phi Long

This is a loaded question. Why do you ask?

luongtuyen

I want to teach them Vietnamese due to I'm a Vietnamese tutor . That's what it is smile.png

Cheers.

Thuy smiley

[Moderated: Please post in the jobs section]

charmavietnam
Thuy smiley wrote:

[Moderated: Please post in the jobs section]

Hi Thuy!
You should post this ad to the job section in classifieds for better response.

Thuy smiley

Thanks so much!

charmavietnam

You are welcome Thuy!

Jaitch

You wont get much of a teacher at 10usd an hour, maybe you should of said backpackers wanted.

David

Hi colinoscapee

Your post is out of subject, please can you get back to the topic title.

Thank you,

David.

Jaitch

I was replying to a post that has since been deleted,cant see how it was off topic.

Rachel Bowman

They usually live in D1, D3, especially on Bui Vien Str.

Bazza139

Never feed a Troll, Col.

Jaitch

I live in District 9.

vancris

I think district 1 and district 2 and district 7

taimaylanhtrieuan
wow_silver wrote:

I think so, too.

Jaitch

I think most live in or near Saigon.

vancris

District 2

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Working in Vietnam
    Working in Vietnam

Anyone thinking about working in Vietnam is in for a treat. Compared to many Western countries, Vietnam's ...

• Setting up a business in Vietnam
    Setting up a business in Vietnam

Foreign entrepreneurs from across the globe have been landing across Asia for decades. In August, Harvard ranked ...

• Finding a job in Hanoi
    Finding a job in Hanoi

With Vietnam's new visa regulations, you will need to secure a job before entering the country. Opportunities to ...

• Working in Hanoi
    Working in Hanoi

The traditional capital of Vietnam is quickly becoming a professional's paradise. Attracting over 20,000 ...

• Working in Vietnam as a digital nomad
    Working in Vietnam as a digital nomad

Vietnam is emerging as a new popular destination for digital nomads and downshifters. As the prices in most Asian ...

• Internships in Vietnam
    Internships in Vietnam

Interning can be a wonderful eye-opening way to experience a new country, culture, and work climate in your ...

• The Vietnamese labor market
    The Vietnamese labor market

Depending on your industry and patience, finding a job in Vietnam can be a challenge. Many companies and local ...

• Working in Nha Trang
    Working in Nha Trang

The city of Nha Trang, located in the province of Khanh Hoa, thrives on tourism. If you are looking for a job in ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles