Menu
Expat.com

Cheapest International Flight for Visa Run

Last activity 29 December 2012 by FrisoPee

Zarlock

Hello
Anyone know which destinations fly direct from and too Chiang Mai (I want to avoid BKK if possible)fora quick visa run.  I would like the 30 day extension option which requires international travel rather than the minibus route and 14 days

Andrew

Chew H. Lye

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

stumpy

Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang or Vientiane Laos with Lao Airlines

FrisoPee

Why do you want to fly? Take a bus to Mea Sai, hop over the border at Tachilek for 500 baht. Go back and your done. The bus takes about 5 hours (but it's VIP and very nice) the actual visa run will take up about 10 minutes if you want. And the costs: About 1200 baht (including nice dinner and a big beer in Myanmar)

Articles to help you in your expat project in Chiang Mai

• Work visa in Thailand
    Work visa in Thailand

To be able to work in Thailand and stay in the country without needing to apply for visa extensions regularly, you ...

• Retiring in Thailand
    Retiring in Thailand

I have lived in Thailand for over a year now, on a variety of visas. This week I applied for and received a ...

• Working in Chiang Mai
    Working in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai's ethnic diversity, breathtaking scenery, and the multitude of festivals and attractions ...

• Accommodation in Chiang Mai
    Accommodation in Chiang Mai

More and more digital nomads, teachers, entrepreneurs, retirees, volunteers, and NGO workers are flocking to the ...

• Income tax in Thailand
    Income tax in Thailand

Thailand is not a tax haven. In Thailand, there are two main types of taxpayers — residents and ...

• Working in Pattaya
    Working in Pattaya

Pattaya may not be as idyllic as some of Thailand's other beach destinations. However, it is still one of the ...

• Getting married in Thailand
    Getting married in Thailand

The kingdom of Thailand is a stunningly beautiful wedding destination. Its crystal clear beaches, lush green ...

• Starting a business in Thailand
    Starting a business in Thailand

Thailand is the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia and the 26th-largest economy in the world. It offers many ...

All of Chiang Mai's guide articles