Hello

I am Berr, came from the Uk, now living in Varna, with my Bulgarian wife and children.

Hi Berr,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

If you have any questions or if you need help please feel free to post here on the Varna Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

How are you finding it in Bulgarian? Huge difference?

@ Eve_2016 > This thread is quite old ( 2013 ), please feel free to create a new thread on the Varna forum and to ask your questions.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Finding it difficult to adjust feeling homesick and depressed,we live in quite a rural area but lovely at the same time,been I Bg for two and a half months now and don't know if this is what I want!

Hi,
Whereabouts are you in BG?
There are quite a few places where expats meet up for a natter and chat. We have been here 6 months now and in rural area of Yambol. We've been to 1 meet and can see how it would help.
Luckily we find our neighbours in the village to be very helpful and also BRE estate agents in Yambol have assisted us immensely although we found our house ourselves. They have got us through a few problems.
We find getting away for a weekend sightseeing breaks things up, currently we are awaiting to build and squeezed into a couple of rooms. There's a lot to see and there are cheap rooms found on booking.com.
If you are near to Yambol there's Jeans Bar in Zlatari where expats meet up for Sunday
Lunch. Get a lot of advise over a beer. We've been twice and it's nice to see how others are faring here.
This time of the year it's normal to be missing family. The villagers are now accepting us as neighbours and quite pleased our mayor states i'm Now a peasant 😉
Hope this New Year improves for you.
Regards
Frank

PS we are from Gainsborough in Lincs

I understand completely...that dream of living the rural life is not quite the same as the reality!?

I am a city girl...love the countryside for a couple of days but need the facilities a city offers...

I am in Varna.  My slight depression...asking myself what the heck had I done....reared its head six months into living here.  When the glimmer of a new and exciting place becomes tarnished and the ever appearing hurdles seem insurmountable.  Luckily at this time I started becoming more fluent in Bulgarian and the grey patch lifted once I began to make more local friends.

Bg is not an easy country to adapt to.

It's not for everyone either.

Hope your grey patch is just that and clears quickly.  Whatever happens....at least you gave it a shot which is way braver than a lot of others!

Regards,
Luna