Menu
Expat.com

hello everybody, i am new here and come from Vietnam.

Last activity 01 November 2013 by calyps

Tran Hung Dao
bta87 wrote:

...Speaking of Google. I saw a great T-shirt the other day that all VNese wives should wear it read "I don't need Google, my wife knows everything". Maybe I will buy one and send it to you THD. Hey, I enjoy hearing from you all over the blog. Do you ever sleep?

Okay, but send a pretty girl that fits the shirt along with it.  As in, have her deliver the shirt while wearing it.

wifeknowsall.jpg

You can come by later to go to the courthouse with us.

bta87

THD,
   Your the man!!! We should be there this afternoon. Listen for a knock on the door. Is it O.K if she only has a couple of teeth?

bluenz
aibiet150204 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:
aibiet150204 wrote:

I think a poor guy needs a TV in order to know what's going on outside his world lol.pnglol.pnglol.png

I think I stopped watching T.V. after seeing KOREAN soap operas on every channel.  The channels that do have Vietnamese soaps have FAKE voice-overs that annoys the hell out of me.  The commercials are all made in the same style and have like two people whose voices are used on every commercial.  Every drink commercial has kids dancing on the streets while the weather is hot.  Every motorbike commercial has a dude doing like 1000 kph on a flat even street (that doesn't exist in real life).  Every hair care commercial has a chick with long sleek hair so radiant and glowing that it reeks of film editing.  Every medical advertisement has some dudes in white lab coats spewing chemistry formulas across the screen.  The over-exaggeration and fakeness doesn't sell me at all.

I think that's about 90% of the stuff that's on T.V.  You get a few news shows that are interesting but those news stations take video clips off the Internet or other international feeds.  I'm like why bother, I'll get my news off the Internet directly and cut out the middleman.   

In general, I am very anti-TV.  Seeing how it's degraded the American family over the generations and seeing how it's affecting the Vietnamese family makes me never want a television.  America used to have families sitting around a dinner table eating and talking to each other; now we have the family sitting on the couch eating microwave foods watching the "boob tube".  The family doesn't talk to each other anymore. 

I'm seeing that happening with the Vietnamese family as well.  They still eat together on the floor but then once the television turns on, all eyes focus on that instead of each other.  Conversations move from how each member's day went, problems at school, work, etc. to the lives of the people in the television screen.

I think we have Disney channel on TV lol.pnglol.pnglol.png

MYTV , (VNPT ), 60,000 a month, heaps of channels, i.e, MTV, Channel V, Bloomberg, Discovery, Animal Planet, Star Movies, NHK, Cinemax, Starsports, Fox, AXN, Disney, DW, (German ), Aus Network, Fashion TV, TLC, Channel news Asia, K Pop, even  French, Italian and a Russian channels, plus heaps more. HD available for extra. Lost CNN during the last price rise. You can also record up to 3? hours.

bta87

My wordlook what we have done to the OP thread!! Maybe we are getting off topic.

DirtyPierre

I think we lost the OP a while back with our little banter back and forth. lol

wizzkiss

Hello dear,

You can send me a message to know more about me, I am a young and attractive single men looking for you. I have a good future and know the Vietnamese culture well. I'm from Canada but in Vietnam for some months. We have a chance to know each other if you want.

Charles

bta87

What is that post all about?

DirtyPierre

Wizzkiss forgot to put his image up
fat-man-at-computer.jpg

lamhoang
garyww wrote:

Hi Hoang:
I hope you are able to follow the conversation that is going on here.  I will be moving to Viet Nam in mid-November and will spend at least a few days in HCMC.  I hope we will have an opportunity to meet.  I think by then you may be fluent in English and may no longer need to practice.  ha ha.

hehehehe..........practice and practice....hope to see you. Good luck.

hwanghuydo

Somebody think me who is LamHoang. Lol smile.png))
Myname is Hoang, too. I live in Hanoi now. Very great to know everybody. Hope you can help me to improve my English skill :p

calyps

Hi everybody,
I'm a new member, too. I'm from VN and living in HCMC. I'm working at real estate Co. as a PR. So, I think my Vietnamese describe is good but English is not. So, I hope you help me improve it (and in return, I think I can help you in learning Vietnamese if you want)
Please ignore my mistake if any.
Nice to meet you.

lamhoang
calyps wrote:

Hi everybody,
I'm a new member, too. I'm from VN and living in HCMC. I'm working at real estate Co. as a PR. So, I think my Vietnamese describe is good but English is not. So, I hope you help me improve it (and in return, I think I can help you in learning Vietnamese if you want)
Nice to meet you.

If you want people help you to improve your English, you shouldn't write "Please ignore my mistake if any" but "Please correct them".
Nice to meet you. Good luck.

Tran Hung Dao
DirtyPierre wrote:

[img align=c]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CYgIj-anvxw/UBD0ZXwE5dI/AAAAAAAAJxg/ESiXeCFy7cI/s1600/fat-man-at-computer.jpg[/url]

Looks like you with a wig DP.  lol.png

Tran Hung Dao
calyps wrote:

Hi everybody,
Nice to meet you.

If you want to improve your English ("I hope you help me improve it"), then you certainly don't want people to "ignore my mistakes if any".  Otherwise how can someone help you improve if they ignore your faults?

So everybody probably ignored your sentence "So, I think my Vietnamese describe is good but English is not." but if you want to improve it, then you may want to just write:

"So, I think my Vietnamese describe is good but my English is not."

DirtyPierre

Thats how I got it in the first place. Someone sent it to me saying it looked like me so I knew it was out there. Didn't take much to find it again with good old google images.

bluenz
DirtyPierre wrote:

Thats how I got it in the first place. Someone sent it to me saying it looked like me so I knew it was out there. Didn't take much to find it again with good old google images.

I hope you are talking about the Santa pic?, you do have a striking resemblance to Wizzkiss??????

wizzkiss
Tran Hung Dao wrote:
DirtyPierre wrote:

[img align=c]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CYgIj-anvxw/UBD0ZXwE5dI/AAAAAAAAJxg/ESiXeCFy7cI/s1600/fat-man-at-computer.jpg[/url]

Looks like you with a wig DP.  lol.png

Your picture is very clear too! We can see how you look from a blink of an eye! hihihi

(I stop puting pictures the day I was lure with a fake one by an ugly shemale!)

lamhoang
garyww wrote:

Hi Hoang:
I hope you are able to follow the conversation that is going on here.  I will be moving to Viet Nam in mid-November and will spend at least a few days in HCMC.  I hope we will have an opportunity to meet.  I think by then you may be fluent in English and may no longer need to practice.  ha ha.

You made a mistake, i often spend much time to look at the new word in dictionary to write to you....hahaha....still need to practise.....see you.....

calyps

Thanks lamhoang and Tran Hung Dao.
@THD: I'm not sure (Maybe, I didn't write correctly), but "descible" means my Vietnamese is so good (cause of my job is writing).
Anyway, So glad (so glad) to meet you.
Nice weekend.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Nha Trang

• Working in Nha Trang
    Working in Nha Trang

The city of Nha Trang, located in the province of Khanh Hoa, thrives on tourism. If you are looking for a job in ...

• Accommodation in Nha Trang
    Accommodation in Nha Trang

The city of Nha Trang has seen a rise in the development of various types of accommodation in recent years. Are ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Working in Vietnam
    Working in Vietnam

Anyone thinking about working in Vietnam is in for a treat. Compared to many Western countries, Vietnam's ...

• Setting up a business in Vietnam
    Setting up a business in Vietnam

Foreign entrepreneurs from across the globe have been landing across Asia for decades. In August, Harvard ranked ...

• The healthcare system in Vietnam
    The healthcare system in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam is going to present you with an abundance of challenges, from the logistical aspect to customs ...

• Visas for Vietnam
    Visas for Vietnam

If you are only planning on having a short stay in Vietnam, you can apply online for a tourist visa, preferably at ...

• Finding a job in Hanoi
    Finding a job in Hanoi

With Vietnam's new visa regulations, you will need to secure a job before entering the country. Opportunities to ...

All of Nha Trang's guide articles