Menu
Expat.com

Ban Me Thuot

Last activity 12 April 2011 by thorny_rose

dongbathin

Are there any Ex-Pats living in Ban Me Thuot area? I know one older US guy who is retired and been living there about 3 yrs now and he never seems to find any other ex-pats up his way.

Vern

thorny_rose

Next time, i have a work travel to Daclak. Will stay at Ban Me Thuot in 10 days. I remember, Cafe of Banme is very nice. Happy to enjoy it.. ^^

dongbathin

Glad you seem to enjoy Ban Me Thuot. It is so big now. I was there in the war 1968 and now so many people. I have some family in Buon Don from my wife. Have you been there also? Always I enjoy the  countryside and the everyday people in VN. They are always friendly. My wife family mostly live in Cam Ranh but I would enjoy another visit to Dak Lak. I was there in 2008. My American friend lives in BMT for 3 years now also.

thorny_rose
dongbathin wrote:

Glad you seem to enjoy Ban Me Thuot. It is so big now. I was there in the war 1968 and now so many people. I have some family in Buon Don from my wife. Have you been there also? Always I enjoy the  countryside and the everyday people in VN. They are always friendly. My wife family mostly live in Cam Ranh but I would enjoy another visit to Dak Lak. I was there in 2008. My American friend lives in BMT for 3 years now also.

Your wife is vietnamese and war born in Ban Me Thuot? Oh, so maybe you are know about the nice storys about the white elephants? They are very nice. I love them. So lucky, next time, i can be see them and i hope can ride them and not being fall big_smile.png

dongbathin

I visited BMT in 2008 and rode on an elephant. It was great fun and experience for me. I love the VN elephants but fear they will all die soon. So many people hurt them in Dak Lak & Lam Dong. Some are killed for the tusks and others for the tails used in Chinese medicines. So sad. I hope they will never die and are so important to VN culture and history. When you ride the elephant be careful and not fall down. I meet my wife in 1969 in Khanh Hoa Province and we marry in 1971 near to Cam Ranh.
You live in Vinh? i have never visit north Vietnam but have relative family live in Bo Trach, Quang Binh Province. I would hope to visit them one day even it is so far away. Some are so old now but I have met them in Cam Ranh when we invite them to visit us. It is a long journey from Quang Binh, they are poor people. 2 X's I have pay them to visit since they are short of money and I am happy to meet such strong farmers. it is so important to know each family member when I can do so. I consider each my family and happy to know everyone. I study the land features to find their home villages. It is a long and difficult trip tho I will make the visit one day.

thorny_rose

Hi uncle,

i'm in Kontum now, I had 1 week in Ban Me Thuot, it was real great. Everybody was very friendly. And Ban Me Thuot is  very
nice. I came to Buon Don where has the big elephants and long  suspension bridge. smile.png

dongbathin

I am happy you had a good visit in BMT and Buon Don. Many elephants are now gone. Years ago there were many but so many are killed each year by poachers. It is sad to know these elephants one day may all be gone. It is so wonderful of animal. I have never been to Kontum. What are you doing in Kontum? Work?
I always remember the Tay Nguyen (Highlands) so beautiful. I will one day travel from Tuy Hoa west to Chu Se along the Song Ba river on Ql-25 then north on QL-14 to near Pleiku and then east on QL-19 to Qui Nhon. It has been a long time I do not see that area. QL-25 in the war was QL-7A but has new number now. Enjoy your travel each day. I wish you good luck.

yuot96

i want to travel Ban Me Thuot next month. But i dont know much in there. Could you pls let me know some place and information there. Thank you very much

thorny_rose
dongbathin wrote:

I am happy you had a good visit in BMT and Buon Don. Many elephants are now gone. Years ago there were many but so many are killed each year by poachers. It is sad to know these elephants one day may all be gone. It is so wonderful of animal. I have never been to Kontum. What are you doing in Kontum? Work?
I always remember the Tay Nguyen (Highlands) so beautiful. I will one day travel from Tuy Hoa west to Chu Se along the Song Ba river on Ql-25 then north on QL-14 to near Pleiku and then east on QL-19 to Qui Nhon. It has been a long time I do not see that area. QL-25 in the war was QL-7A but has new number now. Enjoy your travel each day. I wish you good luck.

Hi uncle,
I'm still staying Kontum, And, next friday, i will come to Pleiku of Gialai. Im real feeling curious of it. No many nice places in KonTum, But, there are a lot of rubbers plantation and coffee here. big_smile.png And the weather in Tay Nguyen is very special, too. The elephants in Ban Me is very gentle, Special is the baby elephants, they are very lovely, me love them. I come to Tay Nguyen for my works. I come here to indoctrination folk songs of Nghe An ( my homeland) to Tay Nguyen. I'm real busy now.
Have a nice time. big_smile.png
Hi Hoang nguyen: welcome, you let's check on google, you will see all nice places in Ban Me. big_smile.png And if you come to Ban Me, let's come to Buon Don, you will see the miracles from Ban Me smile.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Nha Trang

• Working in Nha Trang
    Working in Nha Trang

The city of Nha Trang, located in the province of Khanh Hoa, thrives on tourism. If you are looking for a job in ...

• Accommodation in Nha Trang
    Accommodation in Nha Trang

The city of Nha Trang has seen a rise in the development of various types of accommodation in recent years. Are ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Working in Vietnam
    Working in Vietnam

Anyone thinking about working in Vietnam is in for a treat. Compared to many Western countries, Vietnam's ...

• Setting up a business in Vietnam
    Setting up a business in Vietnam

Foreign entrepreneurs from across the globe have been landing across Asia for decades. In August, Harvard ranked ...

• The healthcare system in Vietnam
    The healthcare system in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam is going to present you with an abundance of challenges, from the logistical aspect to customs ...

• Visas for Vietnam
    Visas for Vietnam

If you are only planning on having a short stay in Vietnam, you can apply online for a tourist visa, preferably at ...

• Finding a job in Hanoi
    Finding a job in Hanoi

With Vietnam's new visa regulations, you will need to secure a job before entering the country. Opportunities to ...

All of Nha Trang's guide articles