Menu
Expat.com

I am searching for compassionate dog breeders (Ha Noi)

Last activity 22 March 2014 by milkybunnyHCM

musicdog

Hello everyone, this is my first posting and i am new to the website. Thank you in advance, but I registered just now, because i am looking for a good dog breeder, that is responsible, and the breeds have no flaws. I am searching for a Pharaoh dog or a Bernese mountain dog, a GSD or Rottweiler..

Does anyone have information? I am looking for those breeders that are compassionate,  responsible, credible and not looking after for money (mammon is not in their minds) and not using animals for personal gain.

I hope to meet them and people with the same interest smile.png Have a good day to all!

NinaVamp

Good luck with that... Probably best to look abroad.

milkybunnyHCM

That is asking a lot of a country that has little to no middle class. Breeding for passion and not for money is something people do when they have a source of income and have free time. Viets would prefer to spend their free time on other things. smile.png I typed "dog breeder vietnam" into Google and lots of results come up of people asking the same, so try it out and see what you find. I just brought my pets over. I've seen pet stores here and they are so sad looking...

musicdog
NinaVamp wrote:

Good luck with that... Probably best to look abroad.

i agree, because some of them have been reported, that they come from China (i mean was the standards) and also "Dac san thit cho"

Yeah, i always see them (the poor no breed) dogs ending in their plates sad.png This is Ha Noi Vietnam and its cold here and people eat them because they said it gives them "heat" both physically and sexually. I still hope to find a respectable, (preferably) expat breeder. It is still okay if there is none. Thanks for your input.

musicdog
milkybunnyHCM wrote:

That is asking a lot of a country that has little to no middle class. Breeding for passion and not for money is something people do when they have a source of income and have free time. Viets would prefer to spend their free time on other things. smile.png I typed "dog breeder vietnam" into Google and lots of results come up of people asking the same, so try it out and see what you find. I just brought my pets over. I've seen pet stores here and they are so sad looking...

That's what i am looking for! The tell tale signs of a good breeder is not the one making money out of breeding. I just hope to see one here in person. Great, thanks again!

By the way: i don't like pet shops and circus animal shows and even a zoo

milkybunnyHCM
musicdog wrote:

That's what i am looking for! The tell tale signs of a good breeder is not the one making money out of breeding. I just hope to see one here in person. Great, thanks again!

By the way: i don't like pet shops and circus animal shows and even a zoo

http://petsvietnam.com/ I think this site can give you what you're looking for.

I agree with your stance on pet shops and the zoo here. A crime against animals! In Phu My Hung I see Koreans walking around with the cutest, healthy-looking dogs. Perhaps looking to export one from a developed Asian country that respects animals like Japan would be a great place to look. That way the little thing only has a few hours of a plane ride!

musicdog

milkybunny, you are a big help, thank you for the link smile.png

milkybunnyHCM
musicdog wrote:

milkybunny, you are a big help, thank you for the link smile.png

Do update us if you find a reputable breeder, I would love to give them my support and business.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Hoi An

• Accommodation in Hoi An
    Accommodation in Hoi An

Hoi An will pop up in your research of Vietnam for its colorful pictures of UNESCO Old Town, and proximity to the ...

• Working in Hoi An
    Working in Hoi An

With its unique location and slower pace of life, it's no wonder the charming town of Hoi An is an ...

• Hoi An: The Historic City
    Hoi An: The Historic City

Located in the province of Quang Nam, a short 30km South of Da Nang, Hoi An is a very popular tourist destination ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Working in Vietnam
    Working in Vietnam

Anyone thinking about working in Vietnam is in for a treat. Compared to many Western countries, Vietnam's ...

• Setting up a business in Vietnam
    Setting up a business in Vietnam

Foreign entrepreneurs from across the globe have been landing across Asia for decades. In August, Harvard ranked ...

• The healthcare system in Vietnam
    The healthcare system in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam is going to present you with an abundance of challenges, from the logistical aspect to customs ...

• Visas for Vietnam
    Visas for Vietnam

If you are only planning on having a short stay in Vietnam, you can apply online for a tourist visa, preferably at ...

All of Hoi An's guide articles