How's the weather?

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum. I move to Abu Dhabi at the end of June. I'm from England, and I've never been to outside Europe, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I've heard there's a bit of a heat wave at the minute. I really don't think I'm prepared for the immense heat!

Take care

Paul

Hi Paul!

We were around 45 degrees in Abu Dhabi this week. But worse of all is humidity, you're going to sweat everything and more!

Inigo

Its pretty hot here at the moment and it is only going to get hotter...Think July/August are the hottest months.. thats why all everyone goes on holiday in those months?

Jan

P.S. do you get a lot of people asking you if your the guy from Neighbours! lol

Hi and welcome to Expat.com, Paul!
Yes we are going to sweat (I'm arriving 2nd of July in Dubai!).
Thanks to the inventors of A/C's ! :lol::lol::lol:
Cheers
Arlette

Yeah, I always get asked about neighbours! I used to be England's goalkeeper for a while too!

I'm in the city and it really is hot! I'm getting bored of telling my family how hot it is.

What's the best way to meet new people in Abu Dhabi (outside of work obviously)?

The weather? All I can say is always apply sunblock! lol :P

It starts to get hot in the morning around 830am til the afternoon, well almost everyday, you'll get used to it. But hey at least everyone gets a free tan!

And to meet new people? I think there's a forum about that here.

My opinion, go to social events/gatherings. Maybe hang out in pubs/malls. Or bump into someone. lol :D

From May to October it's really hot - desert hot. Then comes the great weather we all love!

We've just come from Tripoli, Libya, where the temperatures regularly reach over 40 degrees, but the heat and humidity in the UAE are something else, it's like an oven!

Weather in UAE might give you an idea... don't look at the 1st figure... look at the one saying "feels like" :D
Cheers
Arlette