Advice

I am scheduled to arrive in Yanbu very soon, with the recent activities in the region does anyone have any advice to offer? I am considering postponing my arrival. As I am sure it is the same with everyone safety is my primary concern. What is the general feel for Americans in Yanbu? Any advice on traveling there until I arrive at my compound? I understand this is not a straight forward post to reply back to but anything you can offer will be appreciated.

Hello Galvj,

What you are going through is very normal and natural phenomenon called " pre- relocation anxiety" we have all experienced before coming to ME for the first time. One always asks him self " Am I making a mistake?"

Although CNN shows Saudi Arabia adjoining Iraq and Syria on the world map, the truth is that this country is totally isolated in reality, from the political turmoil and being an American will not make you worst off in any sense in comparison to millions of expatriates living in SA.

I suggest you should stop worrying about 'security related issues' and focus on the other enjoyable and positive aspects the SA life has to offer. :)

What activities?