Budaiya Highway Traffic

Hello everyone!

We are in the final stages of house hunting in the Saar/Janabiya/Jasra/Hamala areas. While my husband will do the causeway commute, I will be heading over to Muharraq daily.

When I mentioned to a friend that we were considering compounds on/near Budaiya Highway she was horrified, citing weekly issues and unrest.

Can anyone share their perspective/recent experiences using the Budaiya Highway- Janabiya Highway route onto the freeways?

Is it a better option to move to the Ave35 area rather than rely on any part of Budaiya Highway?

Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance!

Hello,Nice to meet you..
Iam Hossam from egypt working in Saudia as a Group cfo . but living recently in Saar -Bahrain. This is the first month living here but I was coming and return before.So it's my pleasure to meet a new expat friends .let me more about your plans.
Thank you
Regards.

And how are you finding the traffic in Saar? Are you near Budaiya Highway?

I have own car and yes very near from the high way .

Budaiya highway traffic can be blocked for hours when there is unrest, mainly in the evenings, but you can get through Saar and other back roads once you know your way around. If you are commuting mornings and evenings all the roads are busy but you don't need to use Budaiya highway from Saar or Janabiya, you can get on the  Sheik Bin Salmon Highway which does tend to keep moving. A good property Agent will give you their honest opinion and good to try out the commute yourself before you decide if you can. Your partner will be the one complaining as commuting to Saudi daily is a challenge unless he has a VIP pass!

Budaiya Hwy and Janabiya Hwy are all busy in the morning and evening.
recent police check is making worse.

I think you will be tired than your husband but between Saudi and Muharraq there are not many choices for you. As you mentioned Sarr, Jasra, Janabiya, Hamala. I am in Jasra and every morning it takes 40 min to Adliya using Shaik Bin Salman so it could be more for you.

if you have kids the school is also important. close to the school is the best.

We just moved into the Qurraya area last week. My husband has been commuting to Saudi... leaving at 5.30 am it has taken 45m to Dharan Aramco pretty consistently.
Over the weekend we did a bit of shopping via the buddieya Highway and found it very slow each time. I think the Bin Salmon road is a better bet.
We really love our house in Qurraya. It's on a lovely small green compound. We listed our needs for our estate agent Kathryn and after a couple of shots she found us exactly what we were looking for.....all of the boxes ticked! She then negotiated a good price and loaded with the owners etc. Thoroughly recommended!!!
kathryn.szecowka@starrealestate.bh
Good luck!
Jane

hi and welocme to the island, i live in saar too, but in my opinion , it all depends on the timing you get out to work, like me for instance , i always take the janabiya Hway to work, my morning shifts starts at 7AM , so i try my best to get out by 6am at max and i arrive to work ( which is in Sitra ) by approxmtly 6:25 am, but i also found out if i get late by 10 minutes , like i say i go out at 6:10, i will arrive to work by 7 ot 6:55 at best .
so the rush hours on the Janabiya Hway are  at 6 AM ,2 PM , thats what my 13 years of working and using this road has taught me.