Menu
Expat.com

Short term visa for my mother (singapore)

Last activity 22 March 2017 by surya2k

Mahi_wish

Hello everyone
Me and my husband moving next month to singapore.
I want to know how can apply later for my mother for a short term visa.

I am actually pregnent and i want my mother assitance.
I want her with me for three months. could you please write me how can i apply for a short term visa and is it hard to get short term visa in my case? What would be the fees of short term visa and what would be the procedure and  before how many month should i apply for short the term visa?

Sorry for the ignorance but I am very new here
If anyone have a good knowledge about my topic please your help would highly appriciated.

surya2k

Here you go:

If your husband (if he is the employee with EP and you are a DP holder), and his fixed salary or basic salary  is above S$10k per month then he can apply Long term visit pass for your mother and she can stay more than 89 days.

If salary is less than 10k, then please apply a visit visa for her at her place (check the local tour operator) and your husband can write a mail using office mail stating that she will be visiting here to see her pregnant daughter. The travel operator can print out the page and attached with application and submit with other necessary documents ( check with the travel operator) to get visa approval (normally she will get 1year visa, if she is older more than 60 yrs then will get 3 months).

On her arrival she will get 30 days stay period, once she arrives apply in 15 days online to extend to another 30 days (total 59 days) which you can apply online. If you want to extend 60 days (total 89 days), then visit ICA office to apply there. Details are as follow:

https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=101

Mahi_wish

Hi,
Surya
I am pleased to hear from you. Thank you so much for
Your reply with all the detalis. This is highly appreciated
My husband have hold WP(Work Permit) in this case wouldnt be any problem to apply for long term pass. And his salary above 5k.

surya2k

Read again I said he can apply long term pass for parents only if his fixed or basic salary is above 10k ( not 5k what you have mentioned). 5k is the benchmark to apply for dependent pass or in other way he can bring his spouse or family. He must be holding Employment Pass (EP) not Work pass which is meant for labour or foreign workers.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles