Menu
Expat.com

Advise from Hungarian friends

Last activity 01 April 2011 by Freakyraga

Freakyraga

hey guys,

I am looking got do my MBA from Central European University Business School(CEU) , Budapest....I was not able to find any alumani forum to get the direct details from them...so it would help if someone familiar with school advise me about the same.

I would also appreciate if someone could give me the details of the living expenses and other expense to be covered before taking decision.

Looking forward to your reply...

warm regards

Freakyraga

Armand

Hi and welcome on Expat.com Freakyraga smile.png

I hope some other members will be able give advices about your various queries soon wink.png

Have a great day
Armand

szocske

Hi,

Students and other young people tend to use facebook or whatever the hip social networking site is this year, I'm sure you'll find groups related to CEU there.
I can only tell you the school is highly prestigious, it is often the site of famous economists giving speeches of national significance.

Living expenses should be the same or lower than  what you'll find here in general "costs of living" discussions: As a student you can probably share a flat, and won't need a car at all. You might even be eligible for the student discount on public transportation (~4.000 HUF  instead of 10.000 a month)

fireroller

I would estimate Budapest living costs to be roughly 70% of living costs in Berlin and, say, 60% of living costs in Vienna with comparable lifestyles.
For a full fledged western european lifestyle I would take the estimates above.

The absolute numbers depend too much on what you regard as 'normal' - local undergrads may manage on 300-400EUR/month, better-paid young professionals (IT, consulting) in their twenties should make around 700-1500 EUR after taxes. (But also many school teachers and other state servants make as little as 350-500 eur:-(
And obviously, some things regarded 'normal' in some parts of the world (such as servants, a driver, or buildings with 24h service desk) are just highly unusual here, hence expensive.

best. joska

Freakyraga

@ Armand....thank you for the warm welcome..keep up the good work

Freakyraga

@Armand & @Szocske...sorry for the late reply guys...thank you so much for help really appreciate it..cheers mate

Articles to help you in your expat project in Budapest

All of Budapest's guide articles