Transfer money to Portugal

What is the best option to transfer money to Portugal from USA for buying a property. I m talking about charge fees. I know right now it's not the best time since the dollars is low. Thank you

I used TransferWise to buy a property earlier this year. As the pound is also not strong against Euro I took a Portuguese euro mortgage out for 50% and will pay it down when Sterling (hopefully) recovers

Thank you for your reply. Did you pay any transfer fees?

TransferWise offers the best rates (better than banks offer), the first transaction is normally free, but I guess it depends on how much is transferred. Even if there is a fee, its very small. There is a calculator on their website www.transferwise.com

Thank you

Use TransferWise] it is a "Skype" company endorsed by Sir Richard Branson no less! They will give you mid-market rate, no high street bank will do that and their fees are by far the lowest of any forex company that I have found anywhere. Have a look at what they offer.

Hi,

My husband and I are American's living in Lisbon.  We have bought two properties here.  We use Venstar Exchange: https://www.venstar-exchange.com/  to move money from the US. Not just for the really big stuff like buying the properties, but also for moving money to live.  Anything over 10K USD benefits.  I HIGHLY recommend them.  The service we have received over the last couple of years has been exceptional.  Good luck