Moving to bulgaria

Hello everyone

i am planning to move to Bulgaria but i don't know which visa to get there are a lot of visa types to bulgaria and then i heard about the schengen visa and also there are types what i want is which type of visa do i need for a long stay or permanent residency in bulgaria ?

Welcome to the forum

For information go to "Discover" at the top of this page and open the Bulgaria Guide.

Hi Danaebrava

You have to have to get a D visa for Bulgaria. Once you have a D visa of any type, it's a matter of going to the immigrations office in any Bulgarian police station or the local Mirgation office once you arrive. You have 90 days to do that but rather do it sooner than later as they want proof that you can pay your way for the duration of the stay.

I also recently discovered that you can register a business here as a foreigner, which will help build a better case if you are a freelancer. http://companybulgaria.eu/UK/companybul … firma.html

Hello Joannah thank you for your reply

how can i register a business in bulgaria ?

and i discovered that i can't get a D visa without investing in bulgaria

That's very odd. A D visa in South Africa is just a long stay visa. I'll see if I can find the online resources for you.

As for starting a business. You need to go to a site like company bulgaria . eu. This site doesn't allow me to post links. Sorry.

Hi there,

Setting up a business in Bulgaria is not difficult - you can either register a company or  work as a freelancer. However that might not be considered as sufficient grounds for issuing long stay visa.
There's another option - arriving as an representativie of a foreign company, e.g. seconded expert of a tourist company, trading representative etc. Then you will have a better chance for a long stay visa/permanent residency.

I do not adwise on the investment option ..... it is too expensive and too complicated.