Menu
Expat.com

Relocating from Turkey to Bangkok, Thailland as an expat

Last activity 09 January 2019 by jana611

AltugAltinelli

Hi all,

I have been asked to relocate from Turkey to Thailland, Bangkok as an expat and will come with my wife.

Could you please advise what are the biggest opportunities and negative ways?

Besides,  I am looking for a flat near or close to Italthai tower.

I will be an expat and relocate with my wife so we need at least 2-3 bedrooms and should be furnitured as well.

Feel free to contact!

Altug

Diksha

Hello AltugAltinelli,

Welcome to Expat.com smile.png

To find an accomodation which suits your needs, have a look at the offers of flats for rent in Thailand listed in the Housing section.

I would also advise you to post a free ad of your own so that you can receive some offers.

Good luck

Diksha

Team Expat.com

Torsten.Krause

Usually companies hire relocation service to support their expats settling in. They support you on orientation, house-hunting, registration and paperworks, as well as school hunting (reads you do not have kids though) and sometimes suggest  moving company as well.

Of course you can hire one yourself. Doing everything yourself can turn out pretty time consuming.

I found my place by sending a specification of my needs to some property agents that I discovered on housing portals (e.g. www.bangkokproperty.com). But generally all apartment building got resident boards showing apartments for rent/sale in their lobbies (or property management offices) and you might just find your place by walking into the buildings around where you want to stay. I feel it is is easier to find furnished than unfurnished accommodation.

Whereas for you the world won´t change too much ( ... work is work ... being considerate, polite, friendly and smile is a good start to blend in ..), the bigger challenge might be the one for the non-working spouse. If the spouse is not excited about going abroad, has doubts about what to do all day (and days can turn long if you get dragged out of your social environment), lacks curiosity to explore city and culture, has no or limited idea about the own future, the company does not offer any spouse support, the assignment is not necessarily bound for success.

Good luck!

GuestPoster8984

Dear Altug,

Since I have been in BKK for 8 months and left behind the adaptation period, I would be happy to share my experiences.

Feel free to contact me, we can have a chat.

jana611
AltugAltinelli wrote:

Hi all,

I have been asked to relocate from Turkey to Thailland, Bangkok as an expat and will come with my wife.

Could you please advise what are the biggest opportunities and negative ways?

Besides,  I am looking for a flat near or close to Italthai tower.

I will be an expat and relocate with my wife so we need at least 2-3 bedrooms and should be furnitured as well.

Feel free to contact!

Altug

Canceled by poster

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles