Menu
Expat.com

Wills

Last activity 04 July 2019 by Rishee10

KerryGHenry

Hi, I'm an Australian planning to relocate to Penang early 2020. We already have our MM2H and have opened a bank account and have funds going into that account. Time for us to consider preparing Malaysian Wills to include with our Australian Wills. Is there a standard template that one can use that will be acceptable to estate managers? A friend obtained a few quotes for legally prepared Wills and the fees much higher than here in Australia, where you can use a government approved Will template. Thanks for any guidance, Kerry

Rishee10

Hi Kerry my name is Rishee and i am a lawyer in Malaysia. Usually you can reseal your Australian will in Malaysian Courts but it will take a much longer and troublesome process to do so hence i will advice you to write your own will. The costs to prepare a Will depends very much on your lists of assets you have. Do give email me for any further queries at *** and we can discuss further from there. Hope to hear from you soon. smile.png

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
KerryGHenry

Thanks Rishee. For now, just cash in bank. But next year there will be some physical assets like furniture etc. Appreciate your advice. Regards, Kerry

Rishee10

You are welcome Kerry. Anything don't hesitate to contact me

Articles to help you in your expat project in Penang

• Expat death in Malaysia
    Expat death in Malaysia

The loss of a loved one is always a painful ordeal, but also often complicated for those left behind, especially ...

• Traveling to Malaysia
    Traveling to Malaysia

Malaysia is a popular commercial and holiday hub in Southeast Asia. The country attracts tourists and expatriates ...

• A few new and great cafes in Melaka
    A few new and great cafes in Melaka

Melaka, the oldest town in Malaysia and also a UNESCO heritage site, is a wonderful Food Metropol. So when ...

• Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods
    Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods

Kuala Lumpur is a real megalopolis, surrounded by suburbs and neighborhoods so different from each other that they ...

• Buying property in Kuala Lumpur
    Buying property in Kuala Lumpur

When you plan to move to another country or another city, your first concern is undoubtedly where you are going to ...

• The healthcare system in Malaysia
    The healthcare system in Malaysia

If you are moving to Malaysia alone or with your family, you will be happy to learn that this country has one of ...

• Getting around Kuala Lumpur
    Getting around Kuala Lumpur

One of the advantages of moving to Kuala Lumpur when settling in Malaysia is the quick access to many facilities ...

• Accommodation in Ipoh
    Accommodation in Ipoh

Compared to major cities in Southeast Asia, Ipoh is a more affordable choice and a dream come true for nature ...

All of Penang's guide articles