Introduction - Margarida Barbosa

Hi all,

My name is Margarida Barbosa, I'm Portuguese living in Lisbon and I work as recruiter and a Career Advisor.

Throughout my career (and life!) I found out that I was a natural on assisting and supporting others, so I've been in this community (for a while now) with that purpose, but for different reasons I didn't feel it was the time to do it.

Because I know quite well the Portuguese market, my aim is to give a realistic and insightful contribution, so anyone who wants to come to this country understand correctly our reality - good or bad.

So, for that to happen I want to know more about what you're seeking in a forum like this. Please consider my questions:

1. Are you looking for Visa and other formalities information?
2. Would you wish to know more about the Portuguese market (ex.job offers)?
3. Would like to know more about other regions beside the 2 main cities (Lisbon and Porto)?
4. Would like to get information about advisors and experts that could directly assist you on your relocation process?
5. What are the main difficulties you're facing in your relocation process?

Regards,
Margarida Barbosa

Hello Margarida
Do you have any advice on finding a construction company in the Vila Do Conde area to construct a building of approximately 600m2 and 4 levels?
Any help would be most appreciated!
Regards Wim

Wim Kay wrote:

Hello Margarida
Do you have any advice on finding a construction company in the Vila Do Conde area to construct a building of approximately 600m2 and 4 levels?
Any help would be most appreciated!
Regards Wim

If you are in place, ie in situ, you can look around your area and find out what company is building. Its  usually very visible who is the general contractor, [ via the "aviso/edital" ] thus you can start to identify building companys working in your area.
Can always look around specialized platforms as habitissimo.pt and others, but would recommend to work with an experienced architect or engineer first [ they usually know the market very well ].

Hi Margarida.  Thank you for the post.  Itbis very kind of you to offer to assist.  I have a xouple questions:

1.  I have a E. U. Passport (Ireland) and my wife has  U. S. A. Passport.  We will be relocating  to Lisbon around 1 October 2019.  What do I need to do to get a resident card? Can I sponsor my wife or what does she need to do.    We do have a Portugal bank account and we have a tax number.

2.  We need to purchase medical insurance before or when we schedule a meeting with a government agency to get the resident card.  I am 77 years old, my wife will be 65 in October.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Dan P. Plute

Moderated by Julien 5 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Wim,

I sent you a direct message.

Regards,

Hi Dan,

I will reply directly to your email.
Regards,
Margarida

Thank you very much!

Margarida.  I did not receive a reply.  We will relocate to Portugal (Sintra area) in October. I have an Ireland passport, my wife a USA passport.  We need help locating medical insurance.  I am 77 my wife 65.  We alsi need help with the residence card and moving household items.  Any suggestion for medical or legal help with the residency card?

Hi,
I sent an email to your personal email. have you ckecked it?

Hi Margarida,

Thanks for your post.

I'm a South African remote worker looking to emigrate to Portugal under either the self-employed worker or D7 visa.

Do you have any tips on which is easier to get or if there are other requirements besides having the required amount of income?

Thanks in advance,

BJ

Hi Everyone,
We need urgently a building contractor to renovate our +100 old house.
The area is Almodovar - Salir - North Algarve.
The architectural plans are waiting for approval at the local municipality, and we expect to start the project in September.
Best regards,

Leo

Hello LeoTasnal,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

I invite you to check the Portugal Business directory. There is a dedicated category for Construction and renovation in Portugal where you will find a list of agencies recommended by our members.  :top:

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.