Menu
Expat.com

RJ / Naturalization / When do they do the home visit?

Last activity 23 December 2019 by Bhavna

michaelyr

After I submit my petition for naturalization in Rio, how long does it take before PF does the home visit?

Any experience? I heard something between 30 days and 9 months.

Any feedback appreciated.

GuestPoster204
michaelyr wrote:

After I submit my petition for naturalization in Rio, how long does it take before PF does the home visit?

Any experience? I heard something between 30 days and 9 months.

Any feedback appreciated.

I also heard that people bought crystal balls for that and that PF came when you were not at home.
Looks to me that you made up those numbers...

michaelyr

I was told exactly this two numbers by two different people.

Looks to me that you have nothing to provide for this thread.

Texanbrazil

Robal has lots to add. It is hard to estimate timing of Gov.

GuestPoster204
michaelyr wrote:

I was told exactly this two numbers by two different people.

Looks to me that you have nothing to provide for this thread.

Looks to me that you´re looking for a definite answer like a given product in a mathematical formula.
There are lots of factors involved in this equation - one of them the workload and people involved like a constant in any given physics or math formula - eg: pi (3.14159265359).

NO ONE can predict when they´ll come and do "fiscalização" on you. You´re so concerned about the time frame. It does appear that you are in a hurry which should not be the case. Just do it and give a minimum of a year for the visit. If you don´t have the time then don´t do it at all. You´re causing
unnecessary stress with your life just for this. It should be enjoyed since I think it´s a big occasion on one´s life. Fill up the forms properly and ALL the requirements to avoid your application being placed indefinitely in a file for future actions (probably even rejection/resubmission).

If our advice don´t suffice I suggest you go somewhere else!

robal

michaelyr

"Looks to me that you´re looking for a definite answer like a given product in a mathematical formula."

No I don't.  I was asking for information from the forum members. While the plural of anecdotes is not date, it is still something you can take into consideration.   

"NO ONE can predict when they´ll come and do "fiscalização" on you. "
I realize that you are quick thinker.

"It does appear that you are in a hurry which should not be the case."
This is my problem with you. I ask a simple question and basically ALL your sentences make assumptions and allegations about things you can not know - my life.  I understand that you might have contributed a lot to the forum. Please understand that is is unlikely that you will ever able to give me any meaningful information in this thread. So please refrain from it. Thank you.

michaelyr
Texanbrazil wrote:

Robal has lots to add. It is hard to estimate timing of Gov.

It is impossible to estimate. Yet, it varies a lot by state and city. And this MAY something I want to take into account, whatever my reasons are.

GuestPoster204
michaelyr wrote:

"Looks to me that you´re looking for a definite answer like a given product in a mathematical formula."

No I don't.  I was asking for information from the forum members. While the plural of anecdotes is not date, it is still something you can take into consideration.   

"NO ONE can predict when they´ll come and do "fiscalização" on you. "
I realize that you are quick thinker.

"It does appear that you are in a hurry which should not be the case."
This is my problem with you. I ask a simple question and basically ALL your sentences make assumptions and allegations about things you can not know - my life.  I understand that you might have contributed a lot to the forum. Please understand that is is unlikely that you will ever able to give me any meaningful information in this thread. So please refrain from it. Thank you.

About your life? No one in this forum cares about your life. Not even many responses to your query. The way you´re going please understand that you´ll never be satisfied with anything else. So please refrain from it. You call the brains of this forum, we told you repeatedly that PF come as they please
but you persist on the same topic. So keep the problem to yourself.

I gave you the link to federal criminal background. I gave you another way to get the state criminal check. People gave you statements that it´s impossible to predict PF´s actions. Slowly, your rusted wheels turn... You need a brain WD40 to help you out. Please understand that it is unlikely that you will ever be able to give any more meaningful information on this thread.

Why don´t you just go to the PF and make an appointment that you want their visit at a particular time
you choose? This is probably the language you understand.

Just go away, man. You probably noticed that I kept repeating your words. If your life is boring, that doesn´t justify  you wasting everybody else´s time!

robal

michaelyr

"You need a brain WD40 to help you out."

No I don;'t.

" Please understand that it is unlikely that you will ever be able to give any more meaningful information on this thread.:

I just asked for some people who can give their experience. That nothing meaningful will come from you is clear.

"Why don´t you just go to the PF and make an appointment that you want their visit at a particular time
you choose? This is probably the language you understand."

Your Portuguese may be better than mine, but I speak 5 languages, including an Asian one. 

"Just go away, man. You probably noticed that I kept repeating your words. If your life is boring, that doesn´t justify  you wasting everybody else´s time!"

Trust me. You would not believe my life story.

Look Robal, for the case that I made my point not clear:

Please stop posting in my threads.

michaelyr

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”

― Mark Twain

big_smile.png

GuestPoster204

"I just asked for some people who can give their experience. That nothing meaningful will come from you is clear."

Man, what took you so long to think that? Ha ha. That´s why I thought of prescribing you the brain WD40 for quicker thinking.

Your Portuguese may be better than mine, but I speak 5 languages, including an Asian one.

Me too. I also speak fluently a few languages and very fluently 1 Asian language and 3 dialects of that country. Can you give me a sample of that Asian language? If you do, I promise I´ll give you mine. Introduce yourself and your ambition in life for trying to naturalize as a Brazilian in that Asian language. 2 paragraphs, within 100 words. Sorry folks, but I don´t like braggarts!

"Trust me. You would not believe my life story."
Trust you? I don´t know you. For all you know you´re a 5 foot tall German, who did not even graduate in high school and only travelled to Brazil!  lol.png
You have not impressed anyone in this forum for us to think so! lol.png

"Look Robal, for the case that I made my point not clear:
Please stop posting in my threads."

Infantile reaction. You should be home with your parents for not being courageous enough to grab life by the balls! Really??? We are only starting to know each other and this is the first time you mentioned your intentions. Now that really hurt my feelings!!! You see, I might not be able to do that. It does seem that I reside inside Expat.com with 1,087 posts and you a visitor spectacle with 13 posts. You´re telling me that? You should be ashamed of yourself. Better yet you should not post at all and solve the problems yourself since you´re such a smart alec.

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”

― Mark Twain

Mark Twain! Wow! He must be turning in his grave now for someone quoting his words in vain. You´re shrinking in size every minute with all your pep talk. I did not belittle your ambitions whatsoever. So please don´t put words into my mouth. I´m sorry to say that you have not impressed me to think that you´ll become great! lol.pnglol.pnglol.png

I better quit before I die laughing!!!

robal

Bhavna

Hello everyone,

I am closing this thread as it turned out to be a dead-end argument. However the topic was interesting, too bad for the rest of the community or for people reading us.

All the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Rio de Janeiro

• Marriage in Brazil
    Marriage in Brazil

Brazil can be a romantic country, and you may want to marry here. Perhaps you even want to remain in Brazil ...

• Travel to Brazil
    Travel to Brazil

Brazil is the largest country in South America, as well as Latin America. It's an attractive place to visit ...

• Retirement in Brazil
    Retirement in Brazil

Brazil is known for its beautiful weather, beaches, and rainforests. So it's no wonder why so many expats are ...

• Expat death in Brazil
    Expat death in Brazil

Death can be a difficult subject to deal with, but there comes a time when we have to confront the idea of either ...

• Accommodation in Rio de Janeiro
    Accommodation in Rio de Janeiro

With an official population of about seven million people, and almost twice that number in the metro area, Rio de ...

• Working in Rio de Janeiro
    Working in Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro is Brazil's largest commercial center after São Paulo. With a diversified economy, it ...

• Discovering Rio de Janeiro
    Discovering Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro may conjure up images of golden beaches populated by unimaginably beautiful people or of streets ...

• Accommodation in Brasilia
    Accommodation in Brasilia

Brasilia, the country's federal capital, is home to many highly-paid government employees and foreign ...

All of Rio de Janeiro's guide articles