Menu
Expat.com

Telephone compaines

Last activity 09 July 2020 by logicalindian

nigel beattie

Can anybody list the worst telephone companies in Bahrain,

XTang

Only three telecom providers. Batelco, STC and zain. Worst is subjective for everyone based on their experiences. For me it's Zain.

nigel beattie

This is theorder
Batelco the most crappest company going there customer services all want to go back to school

STC a new company from Saudi just another greedy company trying to make money of expats

Zain is not worth mentioning

XTang

Well not much choice here.  We are still better off than, for example, UAE where there is a monopoly between Etisalat and Du and prices are much higher (with worse customer services).  So as someone who has lived in UAE and Saudi, Bahrain is still better than them in this area.

logicalindian

No one is perfect when it comes to delivery of mobile services, have seen issues with all of them when it comes to coverage. Adding to XTang 's comment; we have the cheapest broadband/mobile services when compared to any other GCC.

nigel beattie

It does not matter if Bahrain is the cheapest the issue is that with no education on the internet system how can any one understand what they are doing , Batelco customer services are the worst my six year old son knows more about the internet system,  .Best idea would be take them out the customer service office so they cannot look out of the windows and give them a job in the shopping mall dealing with customers face to face then see how many will change there jobs

nigel beattie

We all know that the internet is changing every day but if bahrain is 50 years behind the times how can they ever catch up , the CD19 has stopped the Bahrainis in there tracks and maded them think about the world and not just think about the selfs

sasasasa92

ZAIN STC BATELCO ALL ARE THE BEST BAHRAIN IS GOOD STOP THIS NONSENSE BE OBJECTIVE MENTION ONLY THE ISSUES U HAD WITHOUT DEFAMING

XTang
nigel beattie wrote:

We all know that the internet is changing every day but if bahrain is 50 years behind the times how can they ever catch up , the CD19 has stopped the Bahrainis in there tracks and maded them think about the world and not just think about the selfs

You have your opinion which is totally fine.

All I am saying is that I have dealt with:

UAE - Du and Etisalat
Saudi - STC and Mobily

And if you think that customer service is bad here, try dealing with any of these providers in those countries.  You will not believe the kind of issues I had with the list above.   So from my standpoint, Bahrain is still much better in customer service vs. other providers in the GCC.

sasasasa92

yes I agree with xTANG

also i ma using zain since 4 years no issues

nigel beattie

sasasasa92
The issue is with Batelco there customer services do not know what they are doing , stc just a creedy saudi company .
Zain never works on Amway or diyar

Just for example Kenyen has the best internet service now at least there customer services know what they are doing

logicalindian

Your opinion is yours alone! things will not change overnight we will have to learn to adjust and move on, life is too short to crib about things not under our control.

Cheers!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bahrain

• Getting married in Bahrain
    Getting married in Bahrain

Bahrain allows anyone who resides in the country to get married, irrespective of nationality or religion. The ...

• Driving in Bahrain
    Driving in Bahrain

Expats love the freedom and convenience of driving, and many choose to purchase or rent their own car. But, ...

• Opening a bank account in Bahrain
    Opening a bank account in Bahrain

Opening a local bank account is essential for receiving your salary. The Wage Protection System (WPS) is designed ...

• Relocating with your pets to Bahrain
    Relocating with your pets to Bahrain

One of the decisions to make when relocating to a foreign country is what to do about pets. For many expats, there ...

• Starting a business in Bahrain
    Starting a business in Bahrain

According to the World Bank Group report for 2019, Bahrain lies 3rd out of 20 nations, for ease of doing business ...

• Studying in Bahrain
    Studying in Bahrain

The universities and colleges in Bahrain are too numerous to mention. The majority are Bahrain institutions, but ...

• Healthcare in Bahrain
    Healthcare in Bahrain

Bahrain has world-class medical facilities, health professionals, and easy access to medical treatments. Public ...

• Education and childcare in Bahrain
    Education and childcare in Bahrain

Both public and private schools are available in Bahrain, but most expats tend to enrol their children in private ...

All of Bahrain's guide articles