Ex husband went to vietnam in order to avoid child support

Hi! im an american and was married to a german in germany. we divorced and i returned to america. my exhusband left his home country of germany in order to avoid paying child support. both the german and american authorities cannot find him. do you have any tips for me.

If he is in Viet Nam he wont be too hard to find as everywhere you live needs to registered with police.

Does he have any bank accounts or property in Germany?

Do you have a court order for him to pay child support?

im not sure if he has bank accounts in germany but i do have a child support order. the child support services in america are looking for him and i have a lawyer in germany that cant find him. according to both the germans and americans vietnam has to be a country that works together with the rest to be able to enforce the order but im not so sure that they are familiar with the vietnamese laws. could the american authorities contact the vietnamese authorities and request that they force him to pay?

btw, thank you so very much for responding. my kids and i have been living in extreme poverty due to my ex husbands refusal to pay child support. things have been tough.

To be honest, I doubt the Vietnamese govt will do anything about it. Child support is not high on the list of things that governments  seek out people.

Sad he is not supporting his children, I paid child support for 18 years as required by my govt.

lucykatze wrote:

im not sure if he has bank accounts in germany but i do have a child support order. the child support services in america are looking for him and i have a lawyer in germany that cant find him. according to both the germans and americans vietnam has to be a country that works together with the rest to be able to enforce the order but im not so sure that they are familiar with the vietnamese laws. could the american authorities contact the vietnamese authorities and request that they force him to pay?

Perhaps you are already aware of this information:

acf.hhs.gov/css/resource/frequently-asked-questions-about-international-cases

Thanks for this link,
but i dont see Vietnam in the List.
so, it means law cannot force him to pay.