Menu
Expat.com

Require Info of New IPA Singapore Application For Indian (foreigner)

Last activity 31 January 2021 by Sumitjohari

Sumitjohari

Hi All,

I got the Job In Singapore March 2019 before the Covid and i have vaild IPA till 11th Nov 2019 from March 2019 but i did not get  Singapore entry approval and my IPA is expired 11th Nov 2019.its already automatic extended by the MOM Singapore.so we cannot extended again 2nd times.As per MOm we cannot extented 2nd times. we need to   raise new IPA application Once Covid 19 Situation is normal. now my employer again want to submit the New IPA application to MOM Singapore  but we are not sure MOM is now approving new application for foreigner(indian)or not.so somebody (indian)recently got the appoval on new IPA application.please suggest.also Singapore will shortly start phase 3.so any Chances in Singapore Phase 3. i am very badly stuck.

surya2k

Certainly I would like to say that if your employer go with new IPA approval then chances are higher that MoM will approve it because the fact is that you were selected based on their approval criteria. I do understand that due to pandemic situation the rules are now tight which is closely monitored by the MoM ministry but same time if your skills are in demand then your new application would be successful.

On phase 3, which will starts from 28 Dec is more giving relaxation of day to day activities and open up the business locally here. Govt has created corridors for business travellers, there will be some relaxation for applicants who have IPA letters or EP holders who are stuck outside of Singapore and not able to come in as ICA denied their entry. Again it depends how the things are shaping in future.

We have learned that super spreader of Covid-19 spotted in UK and SA are the concerns which potentially lead to more travel ban and scrutiny to allow foreigners entering into Singapore. Hope things gets better. Good luck

Sumitjohari

Hello Surya,

Thanks for your reply.

i have put worng date for my EP application.

Correct start date is march 2020 and expired on 11th Nov 2020.

Is there any one from India got the approval on New IPA application from MOM Singapore.

Lets wait till next week then i will recheck with my employer and reach out to you.

Regards
Sumit Johari

surya2k

Yes, I have read few cases in this forum have confirmed their IPA approval but ICA has denied their entry so they are trying to get ICA approval. Good luck

Sumitjohari

Thanks Surya for help and suggest.

Sumitjohari

Hello All,

Anyone getting the New IPA Application approval from MOM?

ILAIYA

Yes

Sumitjohari

Hi Are from India or which country.

what is requirement to get  new IPA Application.

Mom is started provinding approval on IPA application for foreigner.

avinashjha

Please read forum pinned posts to get an idea of criteria for EP/SP. Also MOM website is pretty detailed.

If u have any specific concerns then you may ask. Happy to help.

vigneshcoke

Hi

Does anybody got Entry Approval to Singapore recently?

My IPA going to Expire by Next month, does it renewed or extend automatically
How long can get Extension

Thank you

vigneshcoke

Hi Sumitjohari,

Does your IPA renewed / Extended after Nov ‘20

If so how long got Extension

Thank you

beppi

Vignesh: Your employer should contact MoM to get your IPA extended (before it expires!).

Sumitjohari

Hi Vignesh,

My IPA is already expired in last nov 2020.now i am looking for new IPA but my employer looking for singapore situation now.we are badly stuck from last mach 2020.

what about your Entry approval?

Regards
Sumit

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles