Menu
Expat.com

permanent residence and citizenship program

Last activity 21 February 2021 by GuestPoster4148

GuestPoster4148

Hi dears
i got permanent residence through investment program which will become citizenship after five years.

my quistion is on my current residence status can i travel through EU members states which is also part of schengen but not in only schengen.
my current status gives me all rights of citizens of bulgaria except vote.
plz guide me
thank

SMOOTHSAILING

what is the investment program may I ask.

GuestPoster4148

Purchase govt bonds

Vasilev

Congratulations! Let's hope there are no amendments in Bulgarian law soon, to finish the procedure with the Bulgarian citizenship succesfully.
I have also happy clients who bought goverment bonds and they will apply for citizenship soon.
Regarding traveling  you'll need to apply Schengen Visa through some Schengen country.

GuestPoster4148

Hi sir
Thank you very much for replying
As your advised i need visa for EU member states.
i got resident permit one year before.
Now i want to travel for a couple of weeks to Eu member states like Ireland etc.
plz advise
thank you

Vasilev

The resident permit is connected only with Bulgaria. To be 100% sure, please call the Embassy of the Country you need to travel.

GuestPoster4148

Thank you sir

GuestPoster4148

Hi dear vasilev
i want just to visit
i am planning to permanently live in bulgaria with family because of here is many opportunities to establish business low taxes and cheap coast of living rather than other EU states.
and bulgaria is economically growing country.
thank you for advice. i think i can travel with out visa as tourist in other states of Europe.
Thank regards
again thanks

Olenaya

Yes you can, as I understood you have Постоянно пребиваване.

Olenaya

With residents permit-Постоянно пребиваване, you can travel in EU. Almost all EU countries gives you 3 months to live without additional visas.

GuestPoster4148

Hi dear
you understood my question. i have same status.
are you sure.
Thank regards for reply

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

All of Bulgaria's guide articles