St. Lukes Covid Test

Just recently on someones post, they mention a covid test fee of 4 to 5 k to exit.

My wife was in St. Likes for a kidney stone, they provided a covid test twice at 14K each. Also they charged for two pillows at 300 php each.

So next time you are hospitalized take everything in the room that you paid for (pillows, toilet paper, box of rubber gloves and probably other things I can't remember.)

If the politicians are waiting for some country to donate the vaccine, they can get rich on the testing kickbacks,  waiting for help that will never come.

We just had a lady and her American husband go to St Luke's for the covid test to leave the country  { green card approved } the cost was 4K for a 24 hour result and 5K for a two hour result. This is also the cost here in CDO

I heard that Saint Lukes is selling fake fraudulent false positive COVID19 tests and is going to be sued for this. Don't know for sure if this is true.

When my Wife and I flew to Germany in January, we had to have a PCR Covid Test as a requirement for the Airline. The local health authority in the small Bohol Town where we live arranged this for us.
My test cost 650 Pesos. Philhealth payed for my wife's.
Not everyone is on the take.

Rammers wrote:

When my Wife and I flew to Germany in January, we had to have a PCR Covid Test as a requirement for the Airline. The local health authority in the small Bohol Town where we live arranged this for us.
My test cost 650 Pesos. Philhealth payed for my wife's.
Not everyone is on the take.

I agree not everyone is on the take. But back in the states I saw Filipinos taking advantage of other Filipinos, It seemed a way of life.

650 Pesos for Expats is Chump Change, but for the Filipino making 700 pesos a day and has a family, testing for the family could be a weeks wages.

So his reasoning is why do I need a test if I have Covid, If I got Covid, I would know it. There are some exceptions of not knowing and infecting others.

The best solution for the Philippines is a free Covid test and free vaccinations. That would be easy to achieve, give a long term lease of Subic & Clark in exchange for everything related to Covid and a bucket full of cash each year. A great way from keeping China sailing into Manila Bay.

Great post, I agree, and I wish we were providing some help with vaccines to the Philippines. At the rate we are going the US will have provided it to all who want it here by mid May. Why not help them and re-establish some relations. Of course there is plenty of need here in the Western Hemisphere too. Brazil and Mexico come to mind.