Menu
Expat.com

SPASS 2021 Queries

Last activity 06 August 2021 by iamfinch84

Mar9

Hi Everyone,

Good day!

I'm currently holding an S-Pass and decided to look for a new job. Fortunately, someone hired me and applied for my new S-Pass.

Offered salary is 3,000 per month but when they are trying to key in my salary it says that "the salary must be within the range advertised in the job ad" which is 2600-2800 only so they talked to me that they will proceed with the 2,800 first on the application.

My problem is when I tried to do SAT, 2800 is not qualified for a pass, also when they submitted the application yesterday, on top of the application there's a big message says "Based on the information provided, the candidate is unlikely to qualify for an Employment Pass or S Pass. You are strongly advised not to submit the application as it will most likely be rejected".

Status now is pending but I'm really anxious that it will be rejected, is there a way that it will still be approved? and if ever got rejection can we appeal and revised the salary??

beppi

You have a conflict of two measures here:
- You must earn a salary that is in line with your education and job scope. As the SAT told you, S$2800/month is not enough for your case.
- A foreigner can only be hired for a job if there are no suitable candidates found during the jobs bank posting. This includes the salary range of S$2600-2800/month mentioned there (after all, a higher salary might have attracted more local applicants, who need to be hired before you).
In conclusion, you have no chance of getting a work pass for this job under the current circumstances. The employer would have to post it again on the jobs bank with S$3000/month and, if no local applicants are found, can hire you a month later.
The current application at S$2800 (and any appeal against a rejection) is a waste of time.

Mar9

Thanks for your response, is there a way that upon appeal (considering I got rejected) that they can revised the salary and make it 3000? or still not allowed?

beppi

Only if it is within the range given in the jobs bank posting. Otherwise they cannot hire a foreigner without re-posting there.
Furthermore, MoM generally views appeals with raised salary with suspicion, as they are often fraudulous.

Mar9

HR called me just now and informed me that they post another job posting on job banks with 3,000 salary, (28 days will end on May 10) they are saying that if got rejected, instead of appeal they will just apply for another pass application using the salary range of that job post.

Would it be ok? to apply for another pass application after rejection?

Thanks for replying to me.

beppi

That is probably the only way forward.

DurbanP

Hi all,
Can I check with you if the offer on Job bank needs to be for 14 days or 28 days?
Because I found discrepancy in some results I found on the web

Thank you!

Mar9

confirmed 28 days.

beppi

It used to be 14 days in the past, but now is 28 days.

Shekhz

28 days as others called out above, please feel free to read through this link, i of it helps.

28 Days job posting on SG Jobs Bank

Mar9

Quick update

April 14 EP was pending
April 21 EP was rejected and decided not to appeal and make a new application.

New employer apply me again using the new job post with a higher salary yesterday, you think my previous rejection last month will not affect my application now? Thanks Beppi in advance, hope you can response,

Shekhz

It’s a new application, has nothing to do with the older submission. If the job post duration, salary thresholds etc are met with- should be ok. Most importantly, hope the previous rejection reason is addressed.

Mar9

Hi Shehkz,

Thanks for your reply, may I know the "hope the previous rejection reason is addressed." do my future employer need to address the previous application that was rejected? Thanks

Shekhz
Mar9 wrote:

Hi Shehkz,

Thanks for your reply, may I know the "hope the previous rejection reason is addressed." do my future employer need to address the previous application that was rejected? Thanks

If it isn’t the same employer, it should be alright. Only if the same employer submits a fresh application and doesn’t resort to an appeal, then its applicable. Just ensure from your end that all necessary criteria outlined are met with.

Mar9

Actually, It's the same company, so they applied for my pass last April 14 and got rejected on April 21, then no more appeal and they applied my pass again yesterday, I'm not sure whether they did something on my last application which was rejected. right now it's pending.

Shekhz
Mar9 wrote:

Actually, It's the same company, so they applied for my pass last April 14 and got rejected on April 21, then no more appeal and they applied my pass again yesterday, I'm not sure whether they did something on my last application which was rejected. right now it's pending.

That’s exactly why I mentioned, hope the erstwhile application’s rejection reason is addressed.

Let me try to explain this a bit more, approval is subject to the necessary criteria for the relevant pass type (which I am sure you are aware of). If an application was rejected in the past, MoM would have given a reason for the rejection. You have two options after a rejection, appeal with requisite additional information for a re-review and request approval, or just live with the rejection.

In your case, the company (same employer) has submitted a fresh application instead of an appeal (which is OK, no concerns). My question to you is, did your company in this fresh submission, ensure that they have covered/ provided enough information to ensure the ‘reason’ why the previous application was rejected in the past, isn’t repeated? Hope this makes sense. In short, submitting a fresh application after a rejection without changes (providing additional reasoning/ requested information/ addressing queries from MoM that were pointed out earlier), doesn’t warrant an approval.

Mar9

wow! that was on point! i clearly got your point on this and made me more confident that it will be approved.

To answer your questions; Yes! they did some changes to my current application, last time the job post salary was about 2600-2800 so they need to apply for my pass using that salary, which I knew even from the start that it will be rejected, so after only 1 week first attempt was rejected so they tried to post another job posting with a higher salary which is 3000 and they used that on my second application which was yesterday.

Hopefully will get some positive outcome, really thankful for your explanation.

Shekhz
Mar9 wrote:

wow! that was on point! i clearly got your point on this and made me more confident that it will be approved.

To answer your questions; Yes! they did some changes to my current application, last time the job post salary was about 2600-2800 so they need to apply for my pass using that salary, which I knew even from the start that it will be rejected, so after only 1 week first attempt was rejected so they tried to post another job posting with a higher salary which is 3000 and they used that on my second application which was yesterday.

Hopefully will get some positive outcome, really thankful for your explanation.

Happy to help, wish you luck. Do let us know when it’s approved.

Mar9

Hi Everyone,

I GOT AN APPROVAL TODAY!

QUICK TIMELINE:

April 14 EP was pending

May 10 EP was pending
May 20 EP was APPROVED

Wish everyone will also have approval soon. Just believe and have faith, also! patience is really a virtue!

mushroomtoto
Mar9 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I GOT AN APPROVAL TODAY!

QUICK TIMELINE:

April 14 EP was pending

May 10 EP was pending
May 20 EP was APPROVED

Wish everyone will also have approval soon. Just believe and have faith, also! patience is really a virtue!

Congrats!!! May I ask what’s the difference between two applications? Salary / company size, etc.?

luckycharmz8130

congratulations bro, reading a positive results like this made us feel relieve for a little while..
I wish that everyone here will get the same results as yours..
God is Good☝🏻
Once again. Congratulations👏🏻You deserves a toast for making it through🥂

gilbertkwong375

Hi all,

I am indonesian, got my diploma and degree here. Currently holding spass (has been working in this company for more than 2 yrs). New company apply new spass application for me on 16/07/2021.
The status was ‘We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 3 weeks time. Some cases will take longer’. And on 02/08/2021, the status changes to ‘Pending’ till today.
Should i worry? It has been more than 3 weeks.

iamfinch84

@gilbertkwong! We are the same. My new spass application was apply 12/7/2021 and still
Pending up to now. Patience is a virtue.. hopeful for positive result soon.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

• Expat deaths in Singapore
    Expat deaths in Singapore

It's hard to face, but there comes a time when we must end our time on Earth. While we can't predict when ...

• Banking in Singapore
    Banking in Singapore

Singapore offers a wide range of personal banking services and has a complete offering of international banking ...

All of Singapore's guide articles