Covid 19 Travel Restrictions and Family Reunion.

Hi,

I need a clarification regarding the recent covid-19 travel restrictions for passengers arriving from India to Belgium. I understand that people with Belgian citizenship or those having the main residence in Belgium can still return to Belgium.
I have a long term resident card (D card), but my wife just received the long-term family re-union D-visa.

Can I still bring my wife along when I return back to Belgium?

It's not clear from the official website, my wife's travel comes under essential travel reason(family reunion), but still yet to register in the local commune. (travelling first time to Belgium).

Can someone clarify this?

Thanks,
Bala

Yes you can bring your wife along with you, follow the coivd related travel protocol while traveling.

Thanks for your reply..

You can write email / call to Belgian embassy in India for clear answer.

Hi Bala,

I'm also under a similar situation and I have received an email from Belgium consulate in Mumbai that first-time D-visa holders who are yet to be registered are not allowed to travel for now. And the essential travellers' definition has changed to the below 4 categories only:

-          People of Belgian nationality

-          People who have their legal residence in Belgium (holders of a valid residence permit in Belgium)

-          Business trips by transport and freight workers and seamen, provided that they have a certificate from their employer

-          Travel by diplomats, staff of international organisations and persons who are invited by international organisations and whose physical presence is indispensable for the proper functioning of these organisations, in the exercise of their duties, provided that they have an essential travel certificate issued by the Belgian diplomatic mission or consular post.

But I would still suggest you send an email to the Belgium consulate in Mumbai.

Thanks, I'll contact the Belgian embassy as you suggested.
Hopefully, things will become better.

For any travel by plane, take a look on the IATA website. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

You will find directly the required information.