Menu
Expat.com

Family wondering about private schools and costs in Cancun area!

Last activity 15 May 2021 by llarocco90

llarocco90

Hi there all,

My name is Lauren and I am a mother of 3! Their ages are 8, 8 and 12. We are truly considering moving to the Cancún area mid-July, when our lease ends. We currently reside in West Palm Beach, FL! We love it here but really want the kids to experience something different! For the first year we would like to put them in a school setting that is half English and half Spanish. They are 1/2 Latino but none of them speak any Spanish at all, so this makes sense. I’ve been searching on the web for the prices of the private schools and the only American school I can find is about $700 per month. I have read there are many schools in the $300-$500 monthly range, which is much better for our cost of living situation. Does anyone have any further information? It would TRULY be appreciated!

Thank you!

travellight

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=privat … intana+Roo

Here is a search starting point Lauren.

llarocco90

Thanks so much for the Yelp suggestion! I’ve been looking all day and can’t seem to figure out the pricing. The only school that shows tuition is the American school and its $700 per month (very steep!), I know there has to be bilingual schools cheaper than that, but no one is posting their tuition prices online.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mexico

• Dating in Mexico
    Dating in Mexico

We can recognize an intrinsic spark of love in the Mexican culture, "la serenata." Remember that ...

• Leisure activities in Mexico
    Leisure activities in Mexico

Mexico has activities for everyone: from exciting adventure to peaceful relaxation, high culture to rowdy street ...

• Working in Cancun
    Working in Cancun

Cancun and surrounding areas are popular destinations for both tourists and expatriates alike. Cancun is the ...

• Accommodation in Cancun
    Accommodation in Cancun

Like in other parts of Mexico, the best way to find accommodation in Cancun is by searching for one while ...

• Travelling around Mexico
    Travelling around Mexico

One of the best parts about living in Mexico is being able to travel across the country. Mexico may appear small ...

• Childcare and education in Mexico
    Childcare and education in Mexico

Many Mexicans' lives, young and old, revolve around family issues. Children are accepted on most social ...

• Buying property in Mexico City
    Buying property in Mexico City

People travel from all across the globe to reside in Latin America because of its cultural richness and usually ...

• Study in Mexico
    Study in Mexico

If you're planning to move to Mexico with your family or choose to study there, here is all you need to know ...

All of Mexico's guide articles