Menu
Expat.com

EP Appeal Status - Oct 2021

Last activity 16 December 2023 by Kiwibird13!

mrdcheck

Hello Everyone,

I just want to check who are all on the same boat as me. Below are time line and waiting for approval since July 2021.

EP Applied - 12 July 2021
EP Rejected - 24 July 2021 (Salary High)
EP Appeal - 13 Aug 2021

Its been almost 10 weeks and no update from MOM. After 3 weeks of appeal, MOM informed that they are reviewing and it will take more time but didn't specify how long.  They didn't request any document as well till today.

Its been very anxious wait and very stressful one. Please update this thread if you are also waiting for appeal status in the below format.

EP Applied Date
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason)
EP Appeal Date

Thanks, I pray and hope to receive the good news soon.

zk3494

Below are my inputs:

EP Applied Date : 14-Sep-2021
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason) : 24-Sep-2021 (HR didn't disclosed the reason even though I did asked them to share sad.png
EP Appeal Date: 25-Sep-2021
Received MOM request for more documentation including Verification Proof of your Certs. HR Engaged Sterling RISQ : 18-Oct-2021
Completed submission of required education diploma: 19-Oct-2021
EP Status: 25-Oct-2021 ( Still REJECTED)

Hoping for a POSITIVE outcome soon..Insh'Allah

zk3494

Btw, my working exp. In SG started
2008 - 2017(resigned) SPASS then EPASS previously held. In between those years, there was 2 EP Rejections & 1 instance EP approved but canceled as I did not pursue with company who applied for my Epass.
2018 - 2020 (resigned) -  SPASS previously held
SECTOR: IT

Question: Since 2008, Everytime i got to apply anew EP/SPASS or Renew my pass, I always submitted the same educational diploma/certs and now MOM requested 3rd Party Agency (Sterling RISQ) to get my Educational certs verified?  I thought they keep a repository of old documents? Or maybe they wanted to know if the was an addt'l or new educational updates on my end?  which IT HAS actually...

Shekhz
zk3494 wrote:

Btw, my working exp. In SG started
2008 - 2017(resigned) SPASS then EPASS previously held. In between those years, there was 2 EP Rejections & 1 instance EP approved but canceled as I did not pursue with company who applied for my Epass.
2018 - 2020 (resigned) -  SPASS previously held
SECTOR: IT

Question: Since 2008, Everytime i got to apply anew EP/SPASS or Renew my pass, I always submitted the same educational diploma/certs and now MOM requested 3rd Party Agency (Sterling RISQ) to get my Educational certs verified?  I thought they keep a repository of old documents? Or maybe they wanted to know if the was an addt'l or new educational updates on my end?  which IT HAS actually...

Please don’t bombard threads with repetitive questions.

MoM has past employment records but every time you switch jobs, the new employer has to submit everything (except renewals). You may acquire a new degree, certificate etc- one thing is update, second is why you for the next job and how your past experience is relevant. Hope that helps.

Arjun9844

Hi,

Mine also it was same case but finally got approved,

EP Applied Date - 07jul
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason) - 19jul - verification of education certificate
EP Appeal Date - 19jul
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason) - 18Sep - salary high
EP Appeal Date - 04Oct
EP approved date - 29Oct.

Regards,

Arjun

srini765

Hi,

EP Applied Date - 15Sep
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason) - 1Oct - High salary

EP Appeal Date - 05Oct

Awaiting EP appeal outcome.....

karencaution

to those with high salary appeal, can you please share what your employer do to appeal? is it lower the salary or provide justification why you deserve the salary? what is the justification? like additional certifications that you have or like an employer letter? thanks

zk3494

Hi Guys,

My EP approved today.

Below are my timelines:

EP Applied Date : 14-Sep-2021
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason) : 24-Sep-2021 (HR didn't disclosed the reason even though I did asked them to share sad.png
EP Appeal Date: 25-Sep-2021
Received MOM request for more documentation including Verification Proof of your Certs. HR Engaged Sterling RISQ : 18-Oct-2021
Completed submission of required education diploma: 22-Nov-2021
EP Status: 30-Nov-2021 ( APPROVED)

Alhamdullilah! for the POSITIVE outcome..thanks everyone & goodluck to all who are seeking for approval.

Sunny92

Hi zk3494. When did you receive request from MOM for additional documents? Was it on 18th October itself or before?

zk3494

Hi Sunny92,

Yes. Its on 18 oct itself and it took a month to get it verified by 3rd Party Agency verifier ( RISQ Sterling).
On 22-Nov - HR uploaded the record docs to MOM as a response to what they're asking.
29-Nov- EP got approved.

Johncena89
zk3494 wrote:

Hi Sunny92,

Yes. Its on 18 oct itself and it took a month to get it verified by 3rd Party Agency verifier ( RISQ Sterling).
On 22-Nov - HR uploaded the record docs to MOM as a response to what they're asking.
29-Nov- EP got approved.

Sir in online portal before getting approved what was ur status. Is it was pending??

zk3494

It was from rejected (appeal) then approved status

srini765

Hi,

My EP got approved.

EP Applied Date - 15Sep
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason) - 1Oct - High salary

EP Appeal Date - 05Oct
EP Appeal Rejected Date (Rejection Reason) - 11NOV (You have not shown that the candidate is suitable for the pass applied for. Further appeals are unlikely to be successful.)

After appeal rejection, My Employer has placed a fresh EP application with only one change to previous application  (selected the pass type as Employment pass/ S pass)
EP Applied Date -  18NOV
EP Approved date(Employment Pass)- 02DEC

Thanks,

karencaution

EP Applied Date 23/11/2021
EP Rejected Date (Rejection Reason)
16/12/2021, need to amend education details
EP Appeal Date 16/12/2021
fingers crossed  dumbom.gif

Manikanta reddy

Hello folks

I came to singapore 7 months ago on Spass and in india i have 2 years experience in IT sector and to enter singapore i have joined in manufacturing company as being a mech engineer i came here and started searching career in IT and finally got a job and my current salary is 2.5k spass and IT company is offering 6k and EP

They are going to apply EP this week
What are the chances of getting approval ??

The job they post in mycareerfuture website have ZERO local applicants ie no one applied for that role

So could anyone suggest me ?

My SAT is 6k for EP
My overall experience 2.7 years
Relavent experience 2 years

beppi

Hopefully the employer gave a good explanation for your extreme salary jump (more than doubled!) despite little experience (only two years) and a change of industry.

Kiwibird13!

@karencaution how long did this appeal for amending education details take to process? did you have a successful outcome?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles