Menu
Expat.com

Can I visit the Philippines

Last activity 15 November 2021 by Wellsfry

Jimmy Simpson

Hi my name is Jimmy and I am from the UK. can someone please help and tell me if I can travel to the Philippines and get a 28 day visa at the airport when I arrive. I want to visit my daughter but I am unsure if I will be given a visa at the airport. Thanks for your help

emvaningen

Visa on arrival are suspended util further notice.

johncroy

You can not get a visa on arrival at this time.  You will need to contact the Philippines embassy near you and request travel documents including invitation letter from your daughter and proof that she resides in the Philippines

Jimmy Simpson

Thanks for your help

GuestPoster04

Even if or before you can visit you may have to have a DNA test for her and yourself at the Embassy, to prove that is your daughter unless your name is on her birth certificate,,, the pandemics are very slow in process and it’s likely not until 2 or 3 years before visas can be obtained,,, unless you are stil with her mother,,,

capricornrising

Because of this pandemic, I don't think anyone is going anywhere for a long time. Best stay home! It may get worse before it gets any better or visa- versa. It's hard to tell!

Nica Nabata

Unfortunately our Country is strict when it comes to travel purposes from outside the country because of COVID.

johncroy

YES things are not going to get any better so if you really want to see your daughter than have her send you original PSA issued Birth Certificate, notarized invitation letter, original barangay issued certification of residency, copy of her passport and/or Philippine government issued ID.  While you wait for these documents email your nearest Philippine embassy with pictures of these documents along with a copy of your passport and proof of financial capacity of you and/or your daughter asking for a visa to visit your daughter in the Philippines.  Also expect to pay atleast USD 2500 for travel, quarantine and other expenses.  If you daughter's birth was outside of the Philippines and is not recorded in PSA than you will need an authenticated birth certificate from the country where she was born. If your name is different from whats on the Birth certificate you will need to provide additional documentation and remember its up to the Embassy and Immigration to accept your proof of relationship so be vigilant in your quest.  If your want inside help at the Philippine immigration contact Sir Bobby at +63 905 340 0859, he gave my wife some great advice recently.

johncroy

Also if there is a medical reason to visit your daughter in the Philippines make sure to mention that in your correspondence with the Philippine embassy.  Unless things change after the elections in May expect the Philippines to maintain current travel restrictions until 90% of the population is "vaccinated" which could be another year or more.  Remember, "If there's a will there is a way."  and "There is always an exception for every rule."

lycaneyes8

The best would be to contact the Philippine Embassy at your location for proper information including travel protocols if any. Goodluck! 😊

Calif-Native

You can get a 9A visa before you depart if you follow the process required to prove you are the father of a minor child that has Philippine citizenship and passport. You may come under this provision,

"Foreign parents of minor Filipino nationals who are currently in the Philippines"

If you are under this section, it requires the following 5 items:

-Copy of Philippine Immigration stamps in the passport and previously issued Philippine visas
-Copy of proof of filiation to child residing in the Philippines such as PSA/NSO Birth Certificate or Report of Brith for those born abroad)
-Copy of valid Philippine passport or Philippine Government-issued ID of the Filipino child
-Copy of a notarised letter of invitation executed by the Filipino spouse. The letter must indicate that the foreign national will be residing with his/her Filipino family while in the Philippines
-Copy of Barangay Certification issued to the Filipino spouse

It will take about 1.5 weeks (at most) once you have the proper documents and submit them to the Embassy/consulate in your country.  This means you will need to have the exemption document / LBI requirement that results in a page in your passport stamped with the 9A visa, prior to departure from the UK.  The approval process at the Los Angeles Consulate took 4-business days for my friend to get his this past September 2021. 

To be clear/check for updates,  just visit your London based Philippine embassy:  https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-matters/visa

Lotus Eater
johncroy wrote:

Also if there is a medical reason to visit your daughter in the Philippines make sure to mention that in your correspondence with the Philippine embassy.  Unless things change after the elections in May expect the Philippines to maintain current travel restrictions until 90% of the population is "vaccinated" which could be another year or more.  Remember, "If there's a will there is a way."  and "There is always an exception for every rule."

Yes indeed. In the States the Eagle flies on Friday. In the Philippines it flies everyday  big_smile.png

Tbloom12

The boarders are closed til next year.

Wellsfry

Yes... My guess is January 15th... But Philippines news makes it sound like December... doubt they will be ready for the flood of tourists either way.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles