Opening a bank account in Denmark

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if anyone has been through the hassle of opening a bank account in Denmark, but the process is so much crazy, compare to just visiting a branch in US and opening it right on spot. I have been to banks like Danske bank or Nordea, which all told me it can take more than a month to just open a bank account. Anyone has any experience with opening a bank account with fast processing time?

Hi,

yes, unfortunately this is true. It took me approx. 3 weeks to have an account opened with Danske bank and a further week to get the bank/credit card mailed to me. For my wife it took even longer - around 6 weeks.

For others who wants to open a bank account, try the online bank, Lunar Bank. No fees, even positive interest up to a certain amount.

/Nellie

Danske Bank is about 3 weeks right now. If you need something urgent I would recommend Revolut, which also good to have when you travel.

@Sinohe

You can open account in Lunar bank. It's very convenient and fast. Usually within 2-3 days. Also the charges are extremely low. You can check lunar app website. I am pretty happy. You can also earn Dkk 250 with a referral code.

you can use my code which is valid till apr'23 end.

enjoy!

Can i please get ælunar referral code sent to ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct