Why is there so much racism here in Brussels?

Hi guys, I was born and have lived here almost  all of my life here in Brussels but but within the last couple of years I've noticed that this city has significantly more racism when compared to other cities. I'm biracial (Finnish-Jamaican) and after living 3 years abroad, I came here for exchange for 6 months, but I don't think I'm going to make due to the negative environment here though. It's so weird since there are so many people from different cultures living here. Since my return, most passerbyers have looked at me with wary eyes and they do all kinds of gestures or try to imply that I am of "wrong color" and so on. Most times when I try to greet people in interaction they won't even greet back at me and nobody even wants to start a conversation with me, not that 'm actively seeking for it but would be nice for a while. Often when I go out to do things people here treat me very bluntly and I have not met very nice people here since arriving at the airport. I feel like they are treating me with suspicion and that they have already decided what they think of me. I really hate complaining about this beautiful city because it's actually my birthplace and I l áctually did my all my basic education here so I already know both of the languages (Flemish and French). It's so hard to believe how this place has changed much to the worse indeed. I don't know if the BLM-protests and the terrorist attacks have had their effects and toll on the atmosphere here, it would seem so to me. I don't know if my height intimidates some (6'2/190) although I'm certainly not the tallest here and I really doubt it. Sometimes I've even wondered if it's just my skin tone that causes friction with them (If I'd have to describe my skin tone, it would be pretty similar to Rita Ora's for example) since I've already heard passerbyers mumble racial slurs such as sale étranger, bâtard etc. Some people here have even mistaken me for a "Mediterranean" person so I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility that I am sometimes mistaken for a North African but my mom and my friends here reject those thoughts. Sometimes people will deliberately slow in front of me or brake check for no reason, even when I'm driving 30 km/h. Would someone be kind enough to explain what's the deal with racism here and are people here tribal or is this place just so segregated? I really find this city beautiful with all of its sights but I'm starting to wonder if this isn't the place for me if the people here are somewhat hostile towards me and don't seem to like my presence.

I think you will find racism is everywhere sadly, not sure why it goes up and down in waves, I've noticed it in other countries sadly.

Racism is everywhere you just have to do you.

I'm so sad to read this. I'm Flemish, born and raised here, but I guide students from all over the world that study on the university campus where I work. I sometimes hear stories, but only separate 'small' things that happen, never stories as extensive as this. And there will always be people that just aren't smart enough to realise this world is changing and color doesn't matter, but I'm astonished that there are apparently so many of those in Brussels, and ashamed since that is the capital of the country I was born in. Can I at least apologise in their place, even though I realise that won't help you much? Maybe it will do you good to get out of Brussels, I'm sure (I hope with good reason) things are better in the smaller towns...