Visa for moving to France

Hi all,

My name is Andrew, 30, from UK, speak French almost fluently. I am new to the site.

I just have a question about visas. I have read the official French visa website, as well as this forum, but I'm still a bit confused about my options.

I am thinking of moving to France next academic year, but I don't have a specific line of work to go into. Is this possible, or do I need to have secured some sort of work first? I like the idea of turning up in France, and then just finding any temporary roles. The impression I get from what I have read so far is that this is not possible for a UK national, as we are no longer part of the EU.

Thank you!

Hello K0941778,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

I hope that one of our members will be able to assist you.

Have you check the Living in France guide ➡️ Visas in France:/

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello - yessss you must have a secured position just like french people going over to uk ( skilled worker). The other option is coming over to study. The website really does give you all of the different options.  Good luck   Please note than when you apply you only know if your request was accepted when you actually pick up your passport 
So I have a contract of employment from a company in Reims, and have lived in France on and off since the 1980s. How do I go about getting my work permit under the new rules please?
So I have a contract of employment from a company in Reims, and have lived in France on and off since the 1980s. How do I go about getting my work permit under the new rules please?
- @anthonymdunn67

Can anybody please advise...

HTH